+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: springboard.app corrupted? Can't boot, stuck at logo. No SSH!

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a Jailbroken iPod touch 2G MB-type on 4.2.1 and originally it doesn't support multitasking. So how I enable it is by using iFIle and edit the plist in
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default springboard.app corrupted? Can't boot, stuck at logo. No SSH!
    I have a Jailbroken iPod touch 2G MB-type on 4.2.1 and originally it doesn't support multitasking. So how I enable it is by using iFIle and edit the plist in springboard.app, and I have been doing that on and off for almost a year because sometimes I need it, sometimes I don't.

But just yesterday, I enabled it again and then I respring, then it just stucks at the beachball for more than 20 minutes. So I force it off by pressing power + home buttons for a few secs. Then now whenever I turn it on, it just stucks on the Apple logo screen for like 2-5 mins, then a loading star (the one which appears when loading something or when web browsing, but it's in the center of the screen) and it run. It just hangs and there is not response from the device.

USB doesn't detect it, except when in Recovery and DFU mode. It doesn't connect to my WiFi so SSH is not an option to me now. I don't wish to restore as it has been a few months since my last backup in iTunes. Help!!! I don't need to get it running, just want to open it to copy my stuff first!

Things I've tried include TinyUmbrella, RecBoot, iReb, Phoneview, SSH via USB with iTunnel, the 3x reboot when Apple logo dims, iPhone Browser, iPhone Explorer, WinSCP, Reb00t Mee..... as you can see I'm so desperate I'll just try anything except restore! Help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No other solution but a restore...Sorry....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This has got to be the worst day ever! Truly regret editing that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone have any ideas or at least a tip will be appreciated! I'm giving myself some time to find the 'cure' before hitting that 'Restore' button... 3 days... I can handle it... HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Last edited by shminkyboy; 05-19-2011 at 09:36 PM. Reason: c'est la vie