+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Windows Logo Quarterly Capacity Status Bar Battery

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi Guys, Tough one and i could really do with some help...I am wanting to use a Windows logo, preferably the one used in windows 7/vista as the start menu
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Windows Logo Quarterly Capacity Status Bar Battery
    Hi Guys,
    Tough one and i could really do with some help...I am wanting to use a Windows logo, preferably the one used in windows 7/vista as the start menu button, I would like to have this as a status bar battery but..and here's the nick, I would like the different sections (red, green, blue & yellow) to appear or disappear as the case maybe at 25% intervals..so if your battery was at hundred percent you would get the full logo, 75% the yellow (bottom right) piece missing, 50% both yellow and blue (bottom right & bottom left) segments missing, 25% yellow blue and green segments missing, and so on, you get the idea for those of u who are windows users. Could someone please offer assistance...by the way i have been using gimp to edit and modify graphic files in the past as i do not have photoshop, i'm hoping this will not be an issue.
    Thanks in advance

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sounds like a fun challenge! I have photoshop and if I can find the files I can probably do it!

Do you know where the default images for the status bar battery are stored? if so lemme know, maybe I can give it a shot
    Last edited by Inked_xx; 05-07-2011 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Can anyone help on this, i know where the stock images are for the staus bar battery, but looking at them, theres a image for the battery required, a image for the colour of the shader that fills the battery depending on its current level. I cannot work out how to use these images to work as a windows logo battery..it may be the case that i need to code it in html but then thats something else i have no idea on how to do.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can help, do you have the images you want to use?

Thanks

Thanks for reply, and well basically I was just going to use one from google images, just do a search for windows 7 start menu and get the windows logo, ive already got one save just need to resize that down to the correct size png for the status bar icon, that will be the 100% battery image but as for the quarterly pieces, will they need to be done individually?

iPhone? More like MyPhone thekirbylover's Avatar
    Thanks

You should be able to take the Windows 7 logo from its Wikipedia article and crop the text out. If that doesn't work, or you want the orb background, there's a program that lets you theme Windows XP's start button called ViOrb and it includes a png of the normal, hovered and clicked buttons.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see that you already found the image. I use a program called Paint.NET and it has a lasso tool that you can use to draw around a section that you want to delete. I can't remember if gimp has it, but it should. Simply drag around the area you want removed (press esc to start again if you make a mistake) and hit delete on your keyboard. Also, please tell me when the theme's in Cydia, because I'd like to use it.
    Last edited by thekirbylover; 10-03-2011 at 06:48 AM.

Thanks

yeh i got an image i want to use already..ive used a vista mobile theme from cydia on iphone 3g, iphone 4 and my ipod 3g, ever since i first noticed the theme..it has changing wallpapers and sounds and everything, but due to incompatability issues with winterboard and iphone 4, i have personallized a few things in it, eg ive made windows vista style staus bar icons for 3G, GPRS, EDGE and Celeste SB settings toggle, i think they look pretty good, they're low res but with them being in the status bar, you cant tell. but anyway yes the status bar battery. ive got the windows logo, i'm going to use the full logo graphic as a 100% battery charged status bar battery. The mission now is to figure out, and if Lnked_xx can help (or anybody else) then i inted on having the 4 shades of colour for the windows logo fade in or out as your battery drains/charges past the 25,50,75 percent marks. Only problem i have at the minute is figuring out how the hell to make that possible. so yes its brainstorming time people..oh and as for cydia..i dont have a repo on there as i am really just learning myself...i wouldnt know how to even make one..and to be honest i wouldnt even call the stuff i do quality material to put on...
    i think that if we all work together though, and make this dream a reality, then we could share through msn or whatever...and maybe i'll make a repo...if it works

iPhone? More like MyPhone thekirbylover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryanDC View Post
    The mission now is to figure out, and if Lnked_xx can help (or anybody else) then i inted on having the 4 shades of colour for the windows logo fade in or out as your battery drains/charges past the 25,50,75 percent marks. Only problem i have at the minute is figuring out how the hell to make that possible.
    Not sure if it's possible, because the image is controlled by SpringBoard and not us. But someone could help us write a tweak or something that controls it. I can't because I'm still learning Objective C, but it should work if the theme makes the battery a blank image, then the tweak can display its own image where the old one was.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanDC
    so yes its brainstorming time people..oh and as for cydia..i dont have a repo on there as i am really just learning myself...i wouldnt know how to even make one..and to be honest i wouldnt even call the stuff i do quality material to put on...
    i think that if we all work together though, and make this dream a reality, then we could share through msn or whatever...and maybe i'll make a repo...if it works
    You can try to put it on ModMyi's repo. There should be a link to it in the sidebar of the forums. If they don't accept it, I'll set up a repo on my Website and you can put it on there.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can someone post the location of the battery so I can take a look at it.

Once I have a look at the files I'll be able to better determine the best approach to this.

Also, I do have one concern about this. The default battery is generally a rectangle shaped image. The windows logo is more square. Because of this, even if we do figure out how to make it work, I'm thinking it may not look good or be too small.
    Last edited by Inked_xx; 10-03-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Okay so after looking at the files, I regret to say, I don't think it's possible at this time. It's not like the Lockscreen battery which is a series of images that are displayed progressively as the battery charges. With the status bar battery there is a image that is super-imposed on a background image that is replicated and used to fill the battery as it charges. So I don't think it can be done, sorry. Not Right now at least.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inked_xx View Post
    Okay so after looking at the files, I regret to say, I don't think it's possible at this time. It's not like the Lockscreen battery which is a series of images that are displayed progressively as the battery charges. With the status bar battery there is a image that is super-imposed on a background image that is replicated and used to fill the battery as it charges.
    Well if that's the case then maybe it could just be a matter of having a separate image for each progressive state, and I would say the logo is more round..sorry if theres confusion I was thinking of using the logo complete with a circle behind it. I've not a had a proper look at the status bar images for about a day now so will take a look tonight. If all else fails just have to have the entire logo appear from left to right as a whole image as the battery charges. And just want to thank you all for the interest shown in this topic, I wouldn't have thought there was a huge call for this kind of thing but hey I'm happy, wish I could learn C++ or even HTML for that matter.