+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Manually install Cydia 1.1.1 with iFile and/or SSH : iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
This is covered around the Internet but I decided to make a home for it on ModMyI as well. Actually, other methods I tried didn't work but, by accident, I
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 860 Posts

Default Manually install Cydia 1.1.1 with iFile and/or SSH : iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
    This is covered around the Internet but I decided to make a home for it on ModMyI as well. Actually, other methods I tried didn't work but, by accident, I discovered this method!

This was 'originally' performed on an iPhone 4: 4.3.2 and a 3G: 3.1.2

UPDATE: As of 6-28-13, this method still works! I've updated the link below for Cydia 1.1.8

So here it is...

Reinstalling Cydia:

*First step is to get the Cydia 1.1.8 .deb file onto your iDevice. Do this w/ either Safari Download Manager or a SSH Tool (I prefer iPhone Explorer to access the iDevice Filesystem)

Tools needed:
    Safari Download Manager
    iFile

1. Get the Cydia 1.1.8 deb file via Safari Download Manager: http://www.mediafire.com/?rw1eimdis7a7wuz

2. Use iFile and UNARCHIVE the folder

3. Open the Cydia 1.1.8 Folder and COPY the 'cydia_1.1.8_iphoneos-arm.deb' file

4. Go to: /var/root/Media and PASTE the cydia deb file here

5. Now go to: /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall and PASTE the Cydia deb file here, too.

***you might have to create the Cydia and AutoInstall folders. If so, pay attention to the capitalization! You might even need to create the Media folder if it isn't inside the /var/root/ folder***

6. Go back to the /var/root/Media folder and TAP on the Cydia deb file

7. INSTALL the Cydia deb file

8. Now REBOOT your phone.

9. You should now have Cydia!
    Last edited by thazsar; 09-20-2013 at 03:34 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Post Reload Cydia
    Thank You, it worked perfectly

Green Apple
    Thanks

What's the point in this? I mean if you have iFile you obviously already have Cydia?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,120 Times in 6,945 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elementalgodz11 View Post
    What's the point in this? I mean if you have iFile you obviously already have Cydia?

The point was to install a newer version of cydia that cydia itself was not giving as a regular update. This is pretty old now though. Not needed.

Thanks

Wow, this method of install still works?!?! I created this topic do long ago I figured things would've changed by now...

Oh well, it might still help out somebody one day!

iPhone? More like MyPhone starsky64's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    The point was to install a newer version of cydia that cydia itself was not giving as a regular update. This is pretty old now though. Not needed.
    DAMN, it ALMOST worked at least I got the page to open up. Before I would click on it and it looked like it was about to open then nothing. At least I got to the page where it ask you who are you USER/HACKER/DEVEOLPER but I tap on user hit done goes to loading page then crashes. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME, I REALLY don't want to re-jailbreak

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starsky64 View Post
    DAMN, it ALMOST worked at least I got the page to open up. Before I would click on it and it looked like it was about to open then nothing. At least I got to the page where it ask you who are you USER/HACKER/DEVEOLPER but I tap on user hit done goes to loading page then crashes. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME, I REALLY don't want to re-jailbreak
    So this method 'doesn't' work anymore???

f0x
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well it would be nice to have the current version of Cydia which is 1.1.4 at the time of this post.

Download it from here.

-f0x

Thanks
    Thanked 15,120 Times in 6,945 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by f0x View Post
    Well it would be nice to have the current version of Cydia which is 1.1.4 at the time of this post.

Download it from here.

-f0x
    No real need for it. Depending on your device and firmware cydia will give you the appropriate version needed.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

brittag (03-02-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by f0x View Post

Download it from here.

-f0x
    I made the assumption that this person has a 1.1.4 .deb file BUT I'm curious if the install process has changed since I made this topic so long ago. Can anyone confirm???

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    No real need for it. Depending on your device and firmware cydia will give you the appropriate version needed.
    True-true!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    This is covered around the Internet but I decided to make a home for it on ModMyI as well. Actually, other methods I tried didn't work but, by accident, I discovered this method!

This was performed on an iPhone 4: 4.3.2 and a 3G: 3.1.2

So here it is...

Reinstalling Cydia:

*First step is to get the Cydia 1.1.1 .deb file onto your iDevice. Do this w/ either Safari Download Manager or a SSH Tool (I prefer iPhone Explorer to access the iDevice Filesystem)

Tools needed:
    Safari Download Manager
    iFile

1. Get the Cydia 1.1.1 deb file via Safari Download Manager: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

2. Use iFile and UNARCHIVE the folder

3. Open the Cydia 1.1.1 Folder and COPY the 'cydia_1.1.1_iphoneos-arm.deb' file

4. Go to: /var/root/Media and PASTE the cydia deb file here

5. Now go to: /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall and PASTE the Cydia deb file here, too.

***you might have to create the Cydia and AutoInstall folders. If so, pay attention to the capitalization! You might even need to create the Media folder if it isn't inside the /var/root/ folder***

6. Go back to the /var/root/Media folder and TAP on the Cydia deb file

7. INSTALL the Cydia deb file

8. Now REBOOT your phone.

9. You should now have Cydia!
    Man it's Works perfectly with My Ipad 2 Run Ios 6.0.1, but the Cydia .Deb file was to old, so i downloaded the cydia 1.1.8 and do all step the above lol. Thanks man you save my life, from King the hell.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AxonP View Post
    Man it's Works perfectly with My Ipad 2 Run Ios 6.0.1, but the Cydia .Deb file was to old, so i downloaded the cydia 1.1.8 and do all step the above lol. Thanks man you save my life, from King the hell.
    Awesome!!! You should post a link for the updated .deb!

Nevermind, I found the link and updated the thread! Thanx for your confirmation!!!
    Last edited by thazsar; 06-28-2013 at 03:54 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elementalgodz11 View Post

It could be someone decided to install CyDelete and delete cydia
    Then all of a sudden they realise how badly they still needed it