Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
File Modsforums, a part of the
This is covered around the Internet but I decided to make a home for it on ModMyI as well. Actually, other methods I tried didn't work but, by accident, I...
05-04-2011, 01:52 PM #1
Manually install Cydia 1.1.1 with iFile and/or SSH : iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
This is covered around the Internet but I decided to make a home for it on ModMyI as well. Actually, other methods I tried didn't work but, by accident, I discovered this method!
This was 'originally' performed on an iPhone 4: 4.3.2 and a 3G: 3.1.2
UPDATE: As of 6-28-13, this method still works! I've updated the link below for Cydia 1.1.8
So here it is...
*First step is to get the Cydia 1.1.8 .deb file onto your iDevice. Do this w/ either Safari Download Manager or a SSH Tool (I prefer iPhone Explorer to access the iDevice Filesystem)
Safari Download Manager
1. Get the Cydia 1.1.8 deb file via Safari Download Manager: http://www.mediafire.com/?rw1eimdis7a7wuz
2. Use iFile and UNARCHIVE the folder
3. Open the Cydia 1.1.8 Folder and COPY the 'cydia_1.1.8_iphoneos-arm.deb' file
4. Go to: /var/root/Media and PASTE the cydia deb file here
5. Now go to: /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall and PASTE the Cydia deb file here, too.
***you might have to create the Cydia and AutoInstall folders. If so, pay attention to the capitalization! You might even need to create the Media folder if it isn't inside the /var/root/ folder***
6. Go back to the /var/root/Media folder and TAP on the Cydia deb file
7. INSTALL the Cydia deb file
8. Now REBOOT your phone.
9. You should now have Cydia!
Last edited by thazsar; 09-20-2013 at 03:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:
[email protected] (05-04-2011)
02-14-2012, 03:55 PM #2Reload Cydia
Thank You, it worked perfectly
02-15-2012, 07:48 PM #3
What's the point in this? I mean if you have iFile you obviously already have Cydia?
02-15-2012, 07:50 PM #4
02-22-2012, 02:50 PM #5
Wow, this method of install still works?!?! I created this topic do long ago I figured things would've changed by now...
Oh well, it might still help out somebody one day!
02-23-2012, 09:09 AM #6
02-23-2012, 09:38 PM #7
02-23-2012, 09:38 PM #8
02-23-2012, 09:41 PM #9
The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:
02-23-2012, 09:42 PM #10
06-27-2013, 04:21 PM #11
06-28-2013, 02:57 PM #12
09-20-2013, 10:34 AM #13