+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weathericon and Lockinfo Weather Plugin (Native) both broken

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Just recently I noticed my Weathericon tweak is broken. The icon is stuck on "cloudy, 59 degrees, during the day." Also, my Lockinfo Weather Plugin (Native) is stuck on the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Weathericon and Lockinfo Weather Plugin (Native) both broken
    Just recently I noticed my Weathericon tweak is broken. The icon is stuck on "cloudy, 59 degrees, during the day." Also, my Lockinfo Weather Plugin (Native) is stuck on the same current conditions from that day, and also the forecast from that week. I don't recall installing any packages that day that would interfere with the way it works. I've reinstalled both Weathericon and Lockinfo, and it still doesn't work. Any thoughts?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sometimes an uninstall reboot and reinstall helps
    Also try removing all your iPhone weather locations and then reading them

Green Apple
    Thanks

No luck. Still broken. I'm sure it's another package interfering, but I can't remember what packages I've installed in the past week or so. I wish Cydia sorted by install date.

*EDIT: Found the answer to sorting: SSH into phone and sort var/stash/Applications folder by date. Still no answer as to the culprit.

*Update: I discovered a previously unnoticed setting in Weathericon where you choose which app to put the Weathericon on top of. I changed it to Weather Channel Max and it worked, as did Lockinfo Weather Plugin (Native). As a point of testing, I switched it back to the iPhone Weather app and that worked too. I don't know why it stopped working, but now it works. I decided to keep it on the Weather Channel Max app anyway.
    Last edited by iamjamieq; 02-28-2011 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

there will be the official launch of 3.0 Lockinfo and it's Plugins as soon as they clear the queue here on ModMyi. I have been using the new Lockinfo 3.0 for the last weeks and in contact with Stimpy. He's a fantastic developer and will respond promptly on twitter to crashed and release fixes rapidly. But this new Lockinfo should have no problems.

Josh

Green Apple
    Thanks

Awesome to hear about Lockinfo 3! But I believe the problem here is with my iPhone Weather app. I switched Weathericon back to it and it messed up again. I'm keeping it on top of the Weather Channel Max app and everything works fine, including Lockinfo Weather Plugin (Native).

Look forward to Lockinfo 3.0.

Thanks

do you by chance have the 'Override' button on in the 'Advanced Users Only' section?

and btw what iDevice and firmware are you running?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I tried the Override feature but couldn't get it to work, so I turned it off. Still it was broken until I changed the app to Weather Channel Max.

I'm on an iPhone 4 on 4.2.1

Thanks

I'm having no trouble with the app. so since you've already uninstalled and reinstalled your best bet would be to list your Cydia addons not including themes. that might help spot a conflicting addon app you have.

btw you have version 2.4.3.0 right?
    Last edited by bartzjosh; 03-01-2011 at 02:01 PM.