+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: customizing bluetooth icon

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
curious if anyone knows what to name and where it goes to add a custom bluetooth icon.the theme im using has it but i recently upgraded to ios 4.2.1 and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default customizing bluetooth icon
    curious if anyone knows what to name and where it goes to add a custom bluetooth icon.the theme im using has it but i recently upgraded to ios 4.2.1 and now its not working i followed this guide : [Guide] Change WiFi, Signal Bars, Status Bar and Battery icons w/Winterboard in 4.0 and got most of the stuff working but cant figure out the bluetooth. also the theme has two barb wire type ropes that travel horizontally across the bottom of the phone where the dock icons are acting as the dock.one strip above and one below the dock icons that isnt working either anymore and i played around with renaming it and moving it to a few diff directories with no success thx in advance guys

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is a total guess based on other things I have modded in the status bar, but I would try naming the files:

Black_BluetoothConnected.png
    Silver_BluetoothConnected.png
    Black_Bluetooth.png
    Silver_Bluetooth.png

then put them in the following directory: Theme.XXXXX/ThemeName.Theme/UIImages

Don't know if that will work or not, I'm not at home to try it, but if it does, let me know because I would like to mod my BT icon as well....

****Edit: Corrected file names above - these will work in 4.2.1 - to save everyone from having to read further****
    Last edited by CrashSW; 02-19-2011 at 12:43 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    well that doesnt seem to work however i did get bot the default and fso non active icons(or when your not using bluetooth but the icon is there) to work by just renameing them with Black_Bluetooth and Silver_Bluetooth But it seems that the active files must be named something else because it reverts back to the original blue icon instead of the red one my theme has when i connect to a bluetooth....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swat48103 View Post
    well that doesnt seem to work however i did get bot the default and fso non active icons(or when your not using bluetooth but the icon is there) to work by just renameing them with Black_Bluetooth and Silver_Bluetooth But it seems that the active files must be named something else because it reverts back to the original blue icon instead of the red one my theme has when i connect to a bluetooth....
    Try Black_BluetoothConnected.png and Silver_BluetoothConnected.png

Also, do you mind uploading your red ones to share as that is the color I am looking to use.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ok.......your gonna start laughing from a good healthy place.........how would i go about uploading them for you :/ im a super noob and its quite the miracle i am where i am lol

ANd i just tried those with connected.png and you got it your the man now dog!!!!!lol but yeah that works
    Last edited by swat48103; 02-19-2011 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i don't know how to upload either... can you just email them to --------

****Edit: removed email address*****
    Last edited by CrashSW; 02-19-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Thanks

Just to let you guys know, you have to click "Go Advanced" at the bottom of the page next to "Post Quick Reply", then there will be an option under the submit reply button to manage attachments.

Twitter: @tshoults

8. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

CrashSW (02-19-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    Just to let you guys know, you have to click "Go Advanced" at the bottom of the page next to "Post Quick Reply", then there will be an option under the submit reply button to manage attachments.
    Thanks moon#pie! I don't suppose you know how to change the text color for the clock in the status bar in 4.2.1?

Thanks

You're welcome. No, I don't know how to change the text color. I'm not really involved a lot in the theming of phones.

Twitter: @tshoults

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    tell me if this works
    Attached Images Attached Images     

12. The Following User Says Thank You to swat48103 For This Useful Post:

CrashSW (02-19-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swat48103 View Post
    tell me if this works
    worked. Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    sweet they should be all set just to shsh in and go

the next project i have is to get the battery bars inside the battery.... they are currently higher than the battery itself so theres a gap at the bottom of the battery and they go over the top
    Last edited by swat48103; 02-19-2011 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost