+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quick Battery Draining?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi all, my battery has been draining rather quickly recently. I'm not sure what the culprit is. I recently installed winterboard and lockinfo and thought lockinfo was the problem, uninstalling
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Quick Battery Draining?
    Hi all, my battery has been draining rather quickly recently. I'm not sure what the culprit is. I recently installed winterboard and lockinfo and thought lockinfo was the problem, uninstalling it didn't improve my battery much.

Here is a list of my installed packages:
    Activator
    Airplane SBSetting
    AndroidLock XT
    BatteryDetective
    FastSnap
    Five Icon Dock
    libdisplaystack
    MarkThatMessage
    ModMyi.com
    OpenSSH
    Saurik's Source
    SBSetting
    sbsettingstoggles
    SpringFlash
    Springflash SBSettings
    Toggle SSH
    WinterBoard
    ZodTTD's source

Any ideas?

I turned off SSH as well and it seemed it didn't help. I'm giong to try uninstalling it and if it still doesn't help I'm going to try uninstalling winterboard (even though I heard neither winterboard or openSSH should cause battery drainage)
    Last edited by Crotia; 02-15-2011 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

When ssh is on, it is battery drainer. Toggle it off and it should stop there. No need to uninstall it, it could save your life later when you brick your phone trying to install something. If you are using a heavily loaded winterboard theme, you may be getting the drain from it. Some themes use html walls and widgets that are constantly loading and searching for info and images to display.