Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Change "Slide to unlock" text on ios 4.2.1?

Question How to Change "Slide to unlock" text on ios 4.2.1?
    Hello, I've been looking around recently for a way to change my slide to unlock text in the lock screen, but all of the methods I've tried haven't worked, I've tried using istrings, different themes from cydia, editing the plists manually in springboard.app but none of these things have worked.

So I'm wondering, is this possible in 4.2.1 and if so how? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated

try my strings in cydia

You could try using Android LockXT on Cydia. Just disable the lock password but specify custom text in the settings.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamemaster77 For This Useful Post:

kennedn (02-11-2011)

If you have Winterboard and the default theme 'Saurik' that theme changes the text to 'slide to saurik'. it is simple to edit the .plist in the theme folder through ssh or iFile. In the same file you can change the default font as well as a few other things.

Gamemaster77 you are a lifesaver, I already had Andriod LockXT but hadent noticed it had this feature, must have been blocking all the other methods from working too.

@kennedn - Thanks, you always got to be careful there's no overlapping features.

What are you trying to do? I edited files and have no text, box, or anything but a tiny arrow.