Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Greenpois0n BootLogo refusing to install, major problem

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Exclamation Greenpois0n BootLogo refusing to install, major problem
    I decided to copy the following comment because the person has the SAME EXACT PROBLEM AS I DO. And most likely others. But seriously, what is going on?

Iím having trouble with this. First, the only way I was able to find BootLogo was by selecting Shatterig Apple logo and selecting the link in the package description. Then when I tried installing BootLogo it first came up with: Error: Returning Ė Sub-process /user/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1). Then it very quickly switched to another popup saying: /var/cache/apt/archives/orge.chronic-dev.animate_1.0.0-7_iphoneos-arm.dev. Then under that was: trying to overwrite Ďuser/bin/animateí, which is also in package imagemagick. I can then return to cydia, but the package didnít install. Any ideas?

same as mine.....how to solve this problem?
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1066377445.png

Both the Shatter and the Animate packages installed fine on my iPhone about 3 hours ago when I tried it - but when I reboot I just get the original Apple logo back (and not the shatter or greenpoison one). I removed both the Shatter and Animate packages from Cydia - and I still have the original Apple logo.

I'm not really fussed to be honest - I just thought it'd be something cool to play with for 10 mins!

------

EDIT:

I've just tried installing it again - just the Shatter package.
    It says in the package 'requires greenpoisons bootlogo animate tool, it will be installed automatically'.

Same again - it just gives me the original Apple bootscreen.

If I open /Libraray/BootLogos in iFile - I do have a 'Apple Shatter' folder, which is full of .png files.
    Last edited by p3eps; 02-11-2011 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've just discovered that there is a bootlogo section now in Settings - so you can select which one you want!

You just need to download the Shatter logo and it installs the program for you.

The problem Im having is that the bootlogo never changes. Even though I selected a new boologo that I downloaded through settings, I still get the original greenpois0n animated logo.

Anyone else have this happen?

I bet you have iRetiner installed too. Cydia wont overwrite files used by another app. iRet uses imagemagik. uninstall imagemagic and it will work.

OpenNotifier and iRetiner using imagemagick i uninstalled this as well imagemagick but now how can i install imagemagick without installing animate as well which include in the imagemagick package?

OK

If u have "OpenNotifier and/or iRetiner" Uninstall them

Install Bootlogo (Here is a Link to the DEB Bootlogo Or just install any Bootlogo from thebigboss Repo and it comes with it)

Then reinstall "OpenNotifier And/or iRetiner" and it will work (sometimes)
    Last edited by christopherjason; 02-12-2011 at 12:36 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to christopherjason For This Useful Post:

wine_guy (02-12-2011)

I dont have either one of those on my phone, but changing the bootlogo does not work. I am trying to use the verbose boot, and it is selected in the general settings, but I still get the generic GP bootlogo.

Quote Originally Posted by christopherjason View Post
    OK

If u have "OpenNotifier and/or iRetiner" Uninstall them

Install Bootlogo (Here is a Link to the DEB Bootlogo Or just install any Bootlogo from thebigboss Repo and it comes with it)

Then reinstall "OpenNotifier And/or iRetiner" and it will work (sometimes)
    it wont crash my iphone if i reinstall opennotifier+iretiner without imagemagick?