+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: bypass data throttle iphone 4?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hello. i recently passed my 5gb limit for the month and was researching on how to bypass the data throttle on my phone. i have an iPhone 4 on Orange
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default bypass data throttle iphone 4?
    hello.
    i recently passed my 5gb limit for the month and was researching on how to bypass the data throttle on my phone.

i have an iPhone 4 on Orange network. It is jailbroken (not unlocked / newer baseband). The phone still shows as it's on the 3G network, but it's more than obvious that the speeds are throttled.

I see that they had something regarding bypassing the data throttle for A (androids) and was wondering if there was anything that can be done similar to that for iPhones?

Thanks

I'm going to doubt that you can because the phone has a special identification that is tied to your network so they know who is who. If you tried to change something like that, it might get flagged or you lose service (not that I think you could change it anyway, it's likely hardware).

Best thing to do would be use wifi when you can and just deal with the slower 3g speeds. Sorry.

Twitter: @tshoults

Green Apple
    Thanks

as bad as this sounds... broadband at 3g speeds where i live is terribly expensive and unreliable... (comes and goes)... so for the most part I use my phone for all my surfing downloading etc... :/ guess that I will have to stick it out for 5 more days... these "unlimited 3g" capped plans blow... should be able to sue for false advertisement...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jfontestad View Post
    as bad as this sounds... broadband at 3g speeds where i live is terribly expensive and unreliable... (comes and goes)... so for the most part I use my phone for all my surfing downloading etc... :/ guess that I will have to stick it out for 5 more days... these "unlimited 3g" capped plans blow... should be able to sue for false advertisement...
    I take it you are a uk resident? Are you on pay as you go or contract? Id seriously recommend three as they now have a plan called the 1 plan which not only gives you TRUELY unlimited ("all you can eat") but is a frickin steal at 25 a month for 1000 any network mins, unlimited texts and 2000 three2three mins!
    I my self will be jumping from tmobile as soon as they send my unlock code.