+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enqueueing Songs in iPod App

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi, Does anyone know of any mods which allow songs to be enqueued in the iPod app? The on-the-go behavior isn't good enough if a song reminds me of another
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Enqueueing Songs in iPod App
    Hi,

Does anyone know of any mods which allow songs to be enqueued in the iPod app? The on-the-go behavior isn't good enough if a song reminds me of another song I want to hear next once the previous song finishes.

If something like this doesn't exist, how difficult would it be to create for someone willing to learn, but only has coding experience in python and java?

Desired behavior:
    Song A is currently playing. Mid-song I select Song X to play next. After Song A finishes Song X then plays. Once Song X finishes, the playlist plays Song B and continues along as if song X was never selected.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been wanting this since I first got an iPhone (like 3 years ago) sadly I don't think there's a mod for that
    What I do is just add the song I want (song x) to my current playlist after the song that's currently playing (song a)
    It's a long-winded way to do it I know

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's such a simple but important feature. The fact that it doesn't seem to exist makes me think it might not actually be possible. Perhaps somebody with more experience has some insight?

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty much anything is possible in computing (within the laws of physics)
    I think the main problem will be that how will you select a song for queueing

Pretty much anything is possible in computing (within the laws of physics)
    I think the main problem will be that how will you select a song for queueing? A single tap will just play the song so there would need to be another way... Tap and hold maybe?
    Last edited by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz; 02-09-2011 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost