+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Theme Problems

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I've encountered a problem with my iTouch 4G 4.2.1 untethered jailbroken. Any theme or slider I download from Cydia and activate in Winterboard doesn't work. The lockscreen remains the same,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Theme Problems
    I've encountered a problem with my iTouch 4G 4.2.1 untethered jailbroken. Any theme or slider I download from Cydia and activate in Winterboard doesn't work. The lockscreen remains the same, with whatever background I set for it and the default slider. I've tried just about anything...moving the theme to the top in Winterboard, checking/unchecking User Lock Background and User Wallpaper with the theme, SSHing into the theme's root folder and making sure the image files end in "@2x"...I just don't know what to do...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm having the same problem. Can anyone help?

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple have probably changed some shizz around in 4.2.1, meaning you'll have to rename/move some images in the theme.. I have no idea however, maybe someone else can shed some light?

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

iPhone? More like MyPhone reaves205's Avatar
    Thanks

Same problem...Messages app fron iNitsua will not apply either, plus lock and homescreens....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Apple Moved Directories
    Basically the reason that many themes won't 'stick' is because they changed the names of the directories ever so slightly (like adding a ~ between two words) so that now winterboard doesn't recognize where to apply the themes. The not so funny thing is that it has absolutely no affects on the performance, it's to frustrate us Jailbreakers..

Also has anyone noticed since jailbreaking iOS 4.2.1 with greenpois0n (untethered) their iDevice has been faster?? Mine has. I think it's because it takes off apples underclock on the processor. But his hasn't affected my batter life too much, maybe 30 min to an hour of the total. But performance is overall much faster.

P.S. Somebackroung information on apples underclocking: the processor on the iPhone 3gs is ~833Mhz except apple has underclokced it to 600Mhz so that it saves battery, and produces less heating.
    Last edited by Ranafram; 02-08-2011 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Typos, and backgourn info

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

@ranafram, yes! I'm using an iphone4 and since 4.2 gp it takes like 2 seconds to respring

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Haha good! I'm in a 3GS so it's not that fast but definitely noticeably faster than normal, and waaayyy faster than previous jailbreaks I've used before

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kodalades View Post
    I've encountered a problem with my iTouch 4G 4.2.1 untethered jailbroken. Any theme or slider I download from Cydia and activate in Winterboard doesn't work. The lockscreen remains the same, with whatever background I set for it and the default slider. I've tried just about anything...moving the theme to the top in Winterboard, checking/unchecking User Lock Background and User Wallpaper with the theme, SSHing into the theme's root folder and making sure the image files end in "@2x"...I just don't know what to do...
    I had the same issue, but finally got it to work. I had one theme that was somehow overriding the change to my slider and my slider text. I basically disabled all of my themes except the change to my slider, then re-enabled the themes one at a time until I found the offending theme. Also, check out this thread, his sliders seem to work extremely well and he will make custom sliders for you if you upload a picture to the thread: http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-4-ne...m-sliders.html

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@CrashSW are you running iOS 4.2.1? I've tried that many times with no success..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ranafram View Post
    @CrashSW are you running iOS 4.2.1? I've tried that many times with no success..
    Yes, I am running 4.2.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok I have tried once more. Looks like many work.. (ones with a background and icons) however the themes for SMS and keyboards still do not work. I'm looking at trying to find the name for the folder in /var/stash/Themes.XXXxXX/"Theme name"/*Don't know this one*/*need this one too*

It used to be Bundles/com.apple.chatkit then they changed it to Folders/ChatKit.framework and now they have changed it again... Very very frustrating.
    I've searched the web for hours but with no results.. Can anyone shed some light on this perhaps. Note: the directories there are for the SMS themes. Keyboard theme file is separate, but I haven't had enough time to to much looking in to it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok I have tried once more. Looks like many work.. (ones with a background and icons) however the themes for SMS and keyboards still do not work. I'm looking at trying to find the name for the folder in /var/stash/Themes.XXXxXX/"Theme name"/*Don't know this one*/*need this one too*

It used to be Bundles/com.apple.chatkit then they changed it to Folders/ChatKit.framework and now they have changed it again... Very very frustrating.
    I've searched the web for hours but with no results.. Can anyone shed some light on this perhaps. Note: the directories there are for the SMS themes. Keyboard theme file is separate, but I haven't had enough time to to much looking in to it.
    If you find the string for the keyboard, please update your post as I am having the same trouble with getting a keyboard theme to work. Thanks!

Thanks

Default chatkit works

My message app works great now. I had to add ~iphone to each of the Balloons like Balloon_1@2x~iphone.png, and don't forget to do the same to the inputfield,imagebubble,imagemask, inputfield-cover and so on...

iNitsua has an update to zTwilight called I think zTwilight update 4.2.1, that has most of the changes for 4.2.1.
    Last edited by reaves205; 02-09-2011 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reaves205 View Post
    My message app works great now. I had to add ~iphone to each of the Balloons like Balloon_1@2x~iphone.png, and don't forget to do the same to the inputfield,imagebubble,imagemask, inputfield-cover and so on...
    Sweet! what is the directory name before themes.XXxXXX ??

Thanks

Default chatkit works
    Sweet! what is the directory name before themes.XXxXXX ??
    I'm not sure what your asking but the theme name is iNZTHD.theme and the folder is com.apple.chatkit in the bundles folder.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks! that's exactly what I was asking. I meant to write after themes.XXxXXX :P