Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Carrier Logo

Question Carrier Logo
    I have been trying all day to replace the carrier logo at the top of my screen with a custom logo from Frontier Communications. No matter what I have tried, I have not been able to get it to work. If anyone could create a theme that would work for me, I would be very greatful. I am currently using the Sprint Carrier theme, but would really like to make it look like my phone carrier is Frontier.

Thanks

I know theres a way. Think you SSH into it or there is an app in cydia. Think its the app. Was going to do this last week but forgot haha

Quote Originally Posted by GTOdude View Post
    I know theres a way. Think you SSH into it or there is an app in cydia. Think its the app. Was going to do this last week but forgot haha

I know to SSH into it, and I can find the files that need replaced, but the files that I create with the frontier logo must somehow be incorrect because when I replace the files it reverts back to the at&t logo.

Thanks

Look in cydia than. I was reading a list of apps from everythingiCafe.com and I swear I saw something in there. If I see it I will let you know.
    I did what to my iPhone?!?!

I finally figured it out! You have to make sure the background color is clear and I had the wrong image size for the logo. Finally, after 2 days of reading posts, searching for online how-to's and trial and error, SWEET SUCCESS!! Now, I can go do my happy dance!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Glad you worked out how to do it I posted a guide on how to create a custom carrier logo a while back on these forums. You should of searched for it, doh!

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

Thanks

What was the title Funked?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GTOdude View Post
    What was the title Funked?
    [Guide] How to create a custom carrier logo

There's the link to it buddy!

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

Thanks

Sweet thanks man!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GTOdude For This Useful Post:

Funked (02-01-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Funked View Post
    Glad you worked out how to do it I posted a guide on how to create a custom carrier logo a while back on these forums. You should of searched for it, doh!
    I searched and searched for different guides, yours may have even been the one that finally caused the lightbulb to come on above my head, but sometimes searching these forums is like trying to find gold in a river... you have to sift through a lot of fish poop before you find that one gold nugget you were looking for.

Kind of like right now I am looking for the solution to my "Slide to Unlock" text disappearing. I applied a theme that removed it, and now no matter what theme I apply, there is still no text. I looked at the file where you can change the text in iFile and it still says Slide to Unlock between the quotes, but nothing shows up. I have tried applying other themes but still no text. I am sure there is a simple solution somewhere on this forum, but again I search and search....

*EDIT* Just looked at your guide and it was definitely the one that allowed me to figure it out... I went back and thanked you, but thanks again man, your guide was spot on!

*EDIT2* Finally just created a theme to restore the text. This is not the answer I was looking for, but evidently the system is not looking at system/library/Coreservices/springboard.app/english.Iproj/springboard.strings anymore, and I can't find where is is looking.
    Last edited by CrashSW; 02-01-2011 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Updating

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CrashSW For This Useful Post:

Funked (02-02-2011)

Thanks

There is an app in Cydia called MakeitMine, which enables you to do that.