+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: duplicate an app and then seperate it help:D

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
im on 4.3b2. i copied the .app of contacts app and some others but im mainly aiming for the contacts app.. well i cant really get groups but i like
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default duplicate an app and then seperate it help:D
    im on 4.3b2. i copied the .app of contacts app and some others but im mainly aiming for the contacts app.. well i cant really get groups but i like my idea of having a seperate address book but i want another default apple one not in app store.. so i coping the whole file and put it in the same applications folder and put a 2 on the end.. then edited the plist for it to to run an contacts 2 and another file in the contacts and thenthe contacts.plist in var/mobile/library n i forgot the next folder... so i resprang and it showed up.. i had 2 n both run perfect.. but im wondering.. how do i seperate the contact files so the contacts 2 uses a the contacts storage in it so its seperate. like the squel or sumthing like that..

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thenextkiller's Avatar
    Thanks

Theres probably an "app for that".
    Also, you can use the Cydia app click2call and make folders for however you want to organize your contacts.
    YouTube - Click2Call
    Am firin ma lasah

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

That duznt really answer what im asking for. I dont want an app an i meantion that in the 1st post and i dont want them just to b on the springboard. I want another official apple contacts. Just a copy of whats on springboard. I figured out how to make a duplicate n i can use it. But i want to seperate where the app gets the contacts so one has seperate contacts than the other.

Thanks

What are you saying? You want both contact lists to be updated at once? Or you want an appstore app to only access one contact list?
    Am firin ma lasah

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ok. I want 2 contact apps. But indont want one from app store i just want default apple one like that comes on the system already. But in var/library theres a contacts folder with some squel or something files. Those have you contacts. So how i want it is the 1st contact gets its contact list from "contacts" then contacts~iphone2.app gets it contact list from "contacts2" in var/library.

Thanks

I think I understand what your saying. Maybe make a new folder for it and copy all your contacts via SSH?
    Am firin ma lasah

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i did. i have all those folders. i need to find out which file has that connection line and i need to change it to the "contacts2".. also if thats really hard.. a semi fix for me could be in preferences.app and in settings.plist i can make a switch to activate a script or watever that changes "contacts" into "contacts2" and "contacts2" into "contacts" when its on. but i only no how to add that switcher. idk how to make it activate and stuff.. i copy and paste the scripts below in the .plist so would i find one that has a get script and change the get location to get the script that sumhow changes those names? to change wat contacts i see?