Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: themeing for vlc icon?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default themeing for vlc icon?
    this might sound like its in the wrong forum but to me for some reason i think its supposed to be in here.. so im trying to theme the vlc icon but for somereason it wont take my @2x image for soem reason? iv changed the icons in vlc app files to icon and icon@2x n in the plist.. but still it doesnt theme? any help will b helpful

Thanks

I have the same problem with a few apps using the bundle method. Triple checked the bundle and icons and even copied the icon to all versions, still never replaced it. howver if it's the vlc app from appdium, I do have that working. It's icon for 3GS is MVLCIcon_57, bundle ID is com.applidium.vlc, pretty sure the 2x is name is MVLCIcon_114
    If you don't like it, MOD IT!

Use icon harvester. It will apply the mobileiconbundle to Cydia apps. Or, if you are looking for a custom icon you can: a) replace the original icon in the app folder or b) use the bundle method. Things to check if the bundle method is not working: make sure the bundle folder has the same name as the CF entry un the .plist. Make sure the bundle folder has all the same icon files as the application. Some apps use strange names instead of icon and icon@2x. There are many VLC's but I use the Cydia one which uses MVLCIcon_57.png, 72, and 114. So those 3 names are what you need to use in you themes bundle folder. oh, and change your plist file back to the original.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i make my own themes. i was doing the theme for it and it wudnt work just the non retina icon wud work but i changed the plist to look for a nonretina and a retina and then i changed the names of the icons n then did my icons.. duznt work. n i have 0 money for anything. so i cant buy iconhavester..