+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Instagram Ban

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I've been using instagram for a few weeks and love it. The other day I went to sign in and it just gave me an error. I tried to sign
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Instagram Ban
    I've been using instagram for a few weeks and love it. The other day I went to sign in and it just gave me an error. I tried to sign up for a new account and it wouldn't let me. I tried it on my buddies phone and it allowed me to sign up (but not use my original account). Then after being successful on the buddies phone with the new account, I went and tried to sign in on my phone. No deal.

Now I just found out that my roomate was using my phone for his own instagram account. He got banned for inappropriate photos. Which explains why I might have also had my account banned. But does this mean they somehow banned my hardware (iphone4)?!

I have a jailbroken phone. Is there anyway I can hack the app itself so that they cannot block all access from this phone? Or am I screwed now?

I emailed instagram support a couple times. But doesn't seem like they are getting back to me.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I have never heard of being banned from instagram, wow

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Weird. I think bans do require you to arrange something with the app developer/company. You tried contacting and no response, unfortunately you'll just have to keep trying.

I would suggest a restore or trying a different iTunes account (of your own) to redownload the app, but I can't assure it'll work. I'm leaning towards maybe the new iTunes account would work because I don't think they can do that to the actual device. But again, I'm not sure.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I will set up a new iTunes account today and try it. That might be what will work. I didn't think they could ban my phone.

My roomate thought it was funny to put nekkid lady pix up. What a douche. He said he was banned within 5 minutes. Then my account stopped working.

I will post back if I find out what works.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

(slight) update - I signed up for a new iTunes account, and downloaded the app from there. Still gave me the same error. Then, I did a full restore and downloaded the app again (with the new account, just in case). Won't let me log in or even sign up for a new account.

The weird thing was that I also got an email from Instagram support... and they just sent me a new password. I tried to use it and it still wouldn't let me in. I tried just putting in a totally wrong password and it tells me the password is incorrect, so I have definitely been banned as I get an error when using the correct password.

I can't see what else this could be and it's pretty annoying. I think they may have somehow banned my actual phone! *tear*

No one else ever had this problem?! ... if anyone has any clues to what else I could try, I'm all ears man!

Thanks

It does sound like it's specifically related to your device. Still no luck contacting the dev of the app?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, I did get the one reply. They didn't say anything about a ban or anything. They just changed my password to a new one and gave me that. Didn't work.

I've mailed them again, but still waiting for that reply.

What exactly would they be banning when or comes to my hardware? The IMEI?

Thanks

I'm no expert on this, so I don't know. But it sounds plausible. Think it's best to hear back from them and see.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

What is instagram?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Simply download "UDID faker" from Cydia and change your UDID for the instagram app .... Hope this helps :-)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PedroGriffin For This Useful Post:

splash104 (03-27-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

PedroGriffin, that did it! Thank you (x1000)!!! I knew Jailbreaking would come through for me! Appreciate it!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Awesome :-D

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

i havnt read all the comments so im sorry if this has already been said, but it sounds like they have banned your device aswell. it will most likely be done by UDID OR IMEI (i think its called that?) you could try the UDID faker off cydia, although i dont know if it works on 4.x

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

ok pedrogriffin already had it

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same EXACT thing happened to me. The app blocked the MAC address to your phone from accessing it again. Just do what PedroGriffin said and use UDID Faker from Cydia.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have the same problem. But the UDID faker didn't work for me.
    I have the iPhone 4s iOS 5.0.1. Is there another way to find out if the udid faker is actually working? Maybe it doesn't support 5.0.1 yet?

Downloading IG from another iTunes acc didn't work neither.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im having the same problem Godless_ smh i guess we got to udid faker too late. I need a solution ASAP!! My phone sucks without instagram! I have a iphone 4s ios 5.0.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so how do i get it to work i have the udid faker and i still cant get on insta gram can sum one help me plzzzzzzzz

Thanks

If you are jailbroken, use UDID Faker to change the UDID of the app, and there u go. Your UDID of the device was banned

UDID Faker works fine for me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm having the same issue - intstagram has seemingly blocked my IMEI... have downloaded UDID Faker from Cydia but no luck using that... Is there any way to fake your IMEI #? thanks