Closed Thread

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia sources not working

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey everyone, I recently had to restore my 3GS, which went fine like normal. The problem came when I started trying to reinstall my favorite JB apps. While in cydia
    Thanks
    Default Cydia sources not working
    Hey everyone,
    I recently had to restore my 3GS, which went fine like normal. The problem came when I started trying to reinstall my favorite JB apps. While in cydia (reloading/refreshing) I would get frequent error messages regarding apt.modmyi.com/ This would generally always result in the package/app I was trying to download not installing.
    I started getting more error messages regarding the other sources installed, and I think they were saying something like "could not fetch packages" or something similar. Basically, the packages from the sources weren't loading into cydia. I tried running cyfix to resolve the issue, but still experienced this problem. I restored again, but had the same issue come up. I can't add any sources (tried to add a working modmyi source, iclarified, among others. I really just need your guys' help/advice. Any info would be helpful, and I'll check back later with more detailed problems I'm experiencing.
    Btw, running 3GS jailbroken, not unlocked, with limera1n, I think it's been upgraded to the newer bootrom or whatever, but not too important cause I don't need the unlock.
    If you need anymore info from me, please ask, and please help me fix cydia's sources, thanks!!

- Adam

mod edit, source removed.
    Last edited by blkcadi; 01-28-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Thanks

Wink :)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaigleFSU View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I recently had to restore my 3GS, which went fine like normal. The problem came when I started trying to reinstall my favorite JB apps. While in cydia (reloading/refreshing) I would get frequent error messages regarding apt.modmyi.com/ This would generally always result in the package/app I was trying to download not installing.
    I started getting more error messages regarding the other sources installed, and I think they were saying something like "could not fetch packages" or something similar. Basically, the packages from the sources weren't loading into cydia. I tried running cyfix to resolve the issue, but still experienced this problem. I restored again, but had the same issue come up. I can't add any sources (tried to add a working modmyi source, iclarified, among others. I really just need your guys' help/advice. Any info would be helpful, and I'll check back later with more detailed problems I'm experiencing.
    Btw, running 3GS jailbroken, not unlocked, with limera1n, I think it's been upgraded to the newer bootrom or whatever, but not too important cause I don't need the unlock.
    If you need anymore info from me, please ask, and please help me fix cydia's sources, thanks!!

- Adam
    Yes, I believe this is because of a corrupted, or shut down repo because this has happened to me on my iPod Touch 2G (Blackra1n), and on an iPod Touch 4G that I have recently Jailbroken on 4.2.1.
    So remove the repo if possible, but I haven't tested this. Hope it helps!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey everyone,

- Adam
    Hi Adam,

Give this a go, Navigate to /var/cache/apt/archives/partial and delete all the files inside.

Good Luck!

-Milan

Thanks
    Thanks Milan,
    I checked out that folder and it's already empty. I think that's what cyfix clears out. I'm now able to download apps from cydia without getting the various error messages regarding modmyi's source. However, I've tried to add the ispazio and xsellize source and that fails. Halfway through the installation, I get the error message:
    "sub-process /bin/bzip2 returned an error code (2)" for both ispaziorepo.com and http://*************

Also, after those messages, before cydia reloads, I get another pop-up with this message:
    "GPG error ispaziorepo.com ./Release: the following signatures were invalid: NODATA 1 NODATA 2"
    "
    "GPG error http://apt.modmyi.com stable Release: the following signatures were invalid: BADSIG87F92E166197E890 Kyle Matthews (poetic_folly) <[email protected]>"

After those, it also said that it failed to fetch the packages for each of the sources I had error messages for.

Anyone know what that means, or what to do to fix it/what I may be doing wrong on my end? It boggles the **** out of me. Thanks anyone for the help!

- adam
    Last edited by blkcadi; 01-28-2011 at 09:52 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks Milan,
    I checked out that folder and it's already empty. I think that's what cyfix clears out. I'm now able to download apps from cydia without getting the various error messages regarding modmyi's source. However, I've tried to add the ispazio and xsellize source and that fails. Halfway through the installation, I get the error message:
    "sub-process /bin/bzip2 returned an error code (2)" for both ispaziorepo.com and http://*************

Also, after those messages, before cydia reloads, I get another pop-up with this message:
    "GPG error ispaziorepo.com ./Release: the following signatures were invalid: NODATA 1 NODATA 2"

"GPG error http://apt.modmyi.com stable Release: the following signatures were invalid: BADSIG87F92E166197E890 Kyle Matthews (poetic_folly) <[email protected]>"

After those, it also said that it failed to fetch the packages for each of the sources I had error messages for.

Anyone know what that means, or what to do to fix it/what I may be doing wrong on my end? It boggles the **** out of me. Thanks anyone for the help!

- adam
    I think I may have a solution for you Adam! But it will take some time to figure everything out.

1. Navigate to /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d and click cydia.list and remove "deb http://"SOURCE(s) YOU TRY AND ADD" from the list. Save changes and exit that.

2. Navigate to /private/var/lib/apt/lists and delete any file that has in the title apt.************* or apt.ispaziorepo.com

Let me know how that goes

-Milan
    Last edited by blkcadi; 01-28-2011 at 09:52 PM.
    Remember to hit Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 9,490 Times in 5,832 Posts

Links or posting a warez site on this forum is against the forum rules.
    Posts have been edited and I suggest you read the forum rules.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Links or posting a warez site on this forum is against the forum rules.
    Posts have been edited and I suggest you read the forum rules.
    Sorry! Im pretty new here xD
    Remember to hit Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Cydia Crashing
    I'm a newbie to this whole modding gig. So that said, while in Cydia, every time I go to Manage/Packages, and I scroll down the list of installed packages, Cydia crashes. It crashes once I get to the "C's" in the list.

Any help is much appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bstutelberg View Post
    I'm a newbie to this whole modding gig. So that said, while in Cydia, every time I go to Manage/Packages, and I scroll down the list of installed packages, Cydia crashes. It crashes once I get to the "C's" in the list.

Any help is much appreciated.
    Give all of my advice above a go

-Milan
    Remember to hit Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Cydia Crashing
    Quote Originally Posted by p0d4g View Post
    Give all of my advice above a go

-Milan
    I gave it all a go....no dice.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Install the new Cydia, Something along the lines of 3366
    Remember to hit Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes just reinstall Cydia ... It's really simple you can do it from your iPhone using ifile.... Let me know if u need help with this

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PedroGriffin For This Useful Post:

bstutelberg (02-03-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PedroGriffin View Post
    Yes just reinstall Cydia ... It's really simple you can do it from your iPhone using ifile.... Let me know if u need help with this
    Pedro - I appreciate your feedback. I do need help. I have iFile on my iPhone, but don't know how to reinstall Cydia. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mod Edit: We do not allow piracy or warez on MMi.
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 02-03-2011 at 11:54 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

Have you still not learned
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PedroGriffin View Post
    Ok so you're also going to need "Safari Download Manager" from Cydia ....
    To download the latest version of Cydia, using safari on your phone .. go to http://cache.saurik.com/debs/cydia_1...honeos-arm.deb
    Click download
    Then using ifile navigate to var/mobile/media/downloads and look for "cydia_1.0.3366-1_iphoneos-arm.deb" tap it and on the popup tap on installer ..... Once it's done, reboot your device and it should be fine ... Let me know if this works for u :-).
    Pedro - I followed your instructions...and no luck...didn't work. Any other ideas? Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

No piracy on MMI.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Thanks
    Thanked 3,864 Times in 2,205 Posts

Thread closed piracy is not allowed on mmi
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here