Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lock Screen Arrow HELP

Default Lock Screen Arrow HELP
    With my new iPod touch 4, I decided I didn't want to slow down my iPod with Winterboard (sorry saurik.) So I've been manually copying original icons to my computer through SSH and Google-ing ones and then resizing them for the retina display... But now i want to change the slide to unlock arrow. I want to use one from Google I found, and I could change it myself...

I JUST NEED TO KNOW THE DIRECTORY OF THE SLIDE TO UNLOCK ARROW (directory used in SSH or iFile...)

Please help!!!!

Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

i think its packed into an artwork file, youll need winterboard for that. and just in case you didnt know there are alot of packed images on the iphone so you wont get very far without wb

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Like I said, I don't want to use winterboard, so if anyone knows exactly where it is and if I can open the artwork file, how? (n00b here...)

Thanks

yup and like i said, you need winterboard to theme anything inside artwork files. and there hasnt been a way to unpack them since 2.x as i said before, your not gunna get very far without wb

and besides winterboard makes absolutely no difference on new gen devices. you have a 4th gen touch and your worried about speed? winterboard is one of the lightest substrates out there so it really doesnt make a difference on i4/ipt4
    Last edited by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz; 01-22-2011 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thx. Do you know if theres a jailbreak app being made for iOS4 to unpack it???? Cause I rlly don't want to downgrade to OS2

On my old iPod touch2, as soon as I got it, everything slowed down. When I closed an app, it would take 5 seconds before it STARTED to close... I heard about winterboard lite, does anyone know the cydia source for that???? Thx.

PS i love how much FASTER it is and If I get winterboard, I'm thinking it'll make it as fast as iPod touch 2 WITHOUT winterboard...
    Last edited by cahern7; 01-22-2011 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

no way, my iphone4 has countless substrates running (winterboard, safari download manager, backboard, yourtube, 3g unrestrictor, sandcastle, activator, gridlock, springboardaccess etc.) and if i disable all 27 of them, i barely notice to be honest, it resprings faster but that is it
    and no, it sewms no one has worked on making an unpack/repacker since 2.x it would be awesome to have one!

K, thx again. I'll try it and see if it does slow it down. (hopefully not :P)