Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom Firmware for iPhone 4?

Default Custom Firmware for iPhone 4?
    Are there any custom firmwares for the iPhone 4? I keep getting a restore error on an iPhone I purchased from my cousin, but she ost the password and can't get it from her ex-bf. I just want to restore the phone so it's usable, and I had a similar problem with my old 3GS but I got past the restore error by downloading a custom firmware for 4.2.1, pwning it to dfu mode, and restoring the CFW in itunes.

Any suggestions for this iphone 4?

iPhone? More like MyPhone lillstar12's Avatar
    Thanks

You need to make sure its in DFU mode if it hasnt been pwned before otherwise you will ge the errors come on iTunes all day long.

ah, so maybe it hasnt been pwned before? So I just manually put it into DFU mode (NOT RECOVERY MODE, right?) and then try to restore it into itunes?

No custom it's not like te 3G 3GS sorry

By the way I'm not sure if it has been jailbroken or unlocked prior to this, and obviously I'm not sure which FW it is or modem or baseband. Wish I had more information to help you guys help me out, but all I know is that it is iPhone 4, passcode locked, and giving me error 1013. I figured I needed a custom firmware, but I don't own a windows. Any suggestions however helpful would be kindly appreciated in spite of my lack of information.