+ Reply
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Frash error - abort()food.c:43

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by molinamike has anyone came up with a solution to the frash error-abort-food-c-43? I am trying to view videos supported by flash on my ipad2 but I am
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by molinamike View Post
    has anyone came up with a solution to the frash error-abort-food-c-43? I am trying to view videos supported by flash on my ipad2 but I am getting the same error????help.
    I think we've pretty much given up. No-one seems to know how to get flash working on ios 4.3, unfortunately (except Comex probably, but he seems to have other projects on the go these days).

Thanks

But isnt flash one of the biggest problem on iPhone/iPad ?? as far as i see, its easier to make jailbrake for some IOS version, then make IOS support real flash.

Thanks

I am currently learning objective c. I will be REALLY useful in about a month. But could someone send me a list of everything (frameworks/API's wise) that changed from iOS4.1 to 4.3 and the source code. Then I'll see what I can do.

Email me here:
    Fhsjaagshs Repo

Oops sorry bad link. ITS NOT PHISHING!!! Just go to the page, and then click "contact" at the bottom.
    Last edited by Fhsjaagshs; 08-01-2011 at 07:17 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm not sure if this is useful, but you can try it

Install Flash / Frash on iPhone 4 [How to Video Guide] | Redmond Pie

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Theoretically that would still be the correct way to install Frash ( straight from Cydia), however the issue is that Frash needs updating before it'll work correctly with iOS 4.3. Unfortunately though, the guy who wrote Frash doesn't seem to be working on it any longer.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Lightbulb Adobe Labs presents "Wallaby" - the Flash to HTML5 conversion tool
    Hey guys, it's been a while since I've been on this thread, but to make it up to you I'd like to tell you guys about the future of Flash and the iOS:

Well, not exactly how we'd imagine it, but a worthy substitute created by Adobe named "Wallaby". Instead of trying to port Android's Flash Player onto the iOS and whatnot, Wallaby has a much easier solution: converting Adobe Flash Professional CS5 (.FLA) files to HTML5, and as simple as a drag and drop. Wallaby, currently in experimental phases, aimes to convert the CS5 code to HTML5, which will ideally be used in programs like Adobe Dreamweaver when creating websites.

According to Wallaby's overview found here , "This initial version of Wallaby has several unsupported features due to the complexity of FLA files and the inability to represent some Flash Professional features in HTML5. The major ones include no conversion of:

ActionScript
    Movies
    Sound
    "
    . However, this does not at all mean these features will be excluded from the final version, because this is where Wallaby will really show it's ultimate potential.

Now, onto the connection between Wallaby and iOS. According to the same website: "The only supported Webkit browsers at this time are Chrome and Safari on OSX, Windows, and iOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod). Because Wallaby uses Webkit specific animation primitives, animation will not work and has not been tested on other browsers."

And:

"IOS - IPad, IPhone & IPod Touch

We have tested with iOS 4.2

Prior iOS versions have known masking issues with Wallaby generated HTML files.

Zooming in and out can cause odd artifacts in the browser. This is a bug in the browser.

Masked artwork sometimes displays a faint border around the masked area. This is a bug in the browser."

So there you have it! Wallaby is slowly making it's way to iOS, and I'm sure in the near future many websites will have the Wallaby-converted code embedded. What do you guys think??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 Times in 437 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrashFriend View Post
    Hey guys, it's been a while since I've been on this thread, but to make it up to you I'd like to tell you guys about the future of Flash and the iOS:

Well, not exactly how we'd imagine it, but a worthy substitute created by Adobe named "Wallaby". Instead of trying to port Android's Flash Player onto the iOS and whatnot, Wallaby has a much easier solution: converting Adobe Flash Professional CS5 (.FLA) files to HTML5, and as simple as a drag and drop. Wallaby, currently in experimental phases, aimes to convert the CS5 code to HTML5, which will ideally be used in programs like Adobe Dreamweaver when creating websites.

According to Wallaby's overview found here , "This initial version of Wallaby has several unsupported features due to the complexity of FLA files and the inability to represent some Flash Professional features in HTML5. The major ones include no conversion of:

ActionScript
    Movies
    Sound
    "
    . However, this does not at all mean these features will be excluded from the final version, because this is where Wallaby will really show it's ultimate potential.

Now, onto the connection between Wallaby and iOS. According to the same website: "The only supported Webkit browsers at this time are Chrome and Safari on OSX, Windows, and iOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod). Because Wallaby uses Webkit specific animation primitives, animation will not work and has not been tested on other browsers."

And:

"IOS - IPad, IPhone & IPod Touch

We have tested with iOS 4.2

Prior iOS versions have known masking issues with Wallaby generated HTML files.

Zooming in and out can cause odd artifacts in the browser. This is a bug in the browser.

Masked artwork sometimes displays a faint border around the masked area. This is a bug in the browser."

So there you have it! Wallaby is slowly making it's way to iOS, and I'm sure in the near future many websites will have the Wallaby-converted code embedded. What do you guys think??
    will it work with swf files?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Frash error - abort()food.c:43-imageuploadedbymodmyi1312757441.694427.jpg  
    Last edited by The Man of Sand; 08-07-2011 at 04:50 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Sand View Post
    will it work with swf files?
    Yes. Quoted from Wiki Answers:
    "The Adobe Flash FLA file format represents a Flash document in its editable format. It is the intention that an FLA be compiled into a usable SWF. An SWF, then, is a compiled FLA, ready to be reinterpreted by a movie viewer.

In short form, an FLA is a work in progress that can't be readily distributed, where as a SWF is a completed FLA ready for release."
    Last edited by FrashFriend; 08-07-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks

OH lol... Thats what flash is...
    iDevices: Lots, most jailbroken
    Computers: MPB 13" i7 mid 2011, MacBook Air "11 256GB Samsung SSD i7, 4GB RAM, both OSX 10.7.3

I'm a iPhone hacker and Twitter API master.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 Times in 437 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fhsjaagshs View Post
    OH lol... Thats what flash is...
    hey what ever happened to ismooth?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I read something about this recently too. It's good news, as at least it offers some sort of long-term possibility for embedded video/audio etc on iOS. Having played with my wife's new Android phone and seen Flash just....work, it does tempt me to look elsewhere for my next phone.

It'd still be great to see Frash working again, as that doesn't require websites to be recoded, but I guess that's pretty unlikely unless Comex has a change of heart.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy75 View Post
    I read something about this recently too. It's good news, as at least it offers some sort of long-term possibility for embedded video/audio etc on iOS. Having played with my wife's new Android phone and seen Flash just....work, it does tempt me to look elsewhere for my next phone.

It'd still be great to see Frash working again, as that doesn't require websites to be recoded, but I guess that's pretty unlikely unless Comex has a change of heart.
    Yeah...the facts about Comex and frash just don't add up.
    Firstly, you can't excuse Comex, no matter how genius he is, for claiming to be busy ALL THE TIME. So if he's not busy, why would he not even bother to:

Reply to tweets
    Reply to emails
    Reply to complaints across the Internet
    Send "Thank You"'s for donations

Next, how could he not realize the potential behind his own work? Flash on the iOS - neither Apple nor Adobe could fix the technical problems, even together! And Comex comes out of no where, successfully ports it, and leaves it to rot the moment it's finished?
    Not to mention there's no way you could hold a grudge THIS BIG over frash just because someone leaked it earlier than expected!

I really hope Comex comes to this thread to refute this because just doing so is more progress than we've had for months!

Comex, if you're reading this, we all think you're great - even more than great - but you have a lot of explaining to do.
    Last edited by FrashFriend; 08-08-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Thanks

fla file cant be decoded to html5 code if the fla file is encrypted(and often it is), to this is not a solution. I know lots of people who use to have an iphone and after a while they skipped to HTC, main reasons was no flash support, so please Comex, if you are here, please continue to work on native flash support, because its the biggest drawback of iphone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey guys, this article was written in April of this year, and thought this might interest you all:

Adobe Finally Bringing Flash Video content to iOS devices | TechnoBolt

The explanation of how exactly it's done is a bit confusing to me - perhaps someone could specify?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ismoothproject's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello Everyone!

The iSmooth Project is back with ANOTHER surprise!

First, we would like to apologize for the. It gap in posts. We have been very busy, (life) and haven't had time for hacking.

But now we bring you:

iPlus !

So, what is it? Lol

iPlus is a group of custom IPSWs that are NON-Jailbroken with built-in iSmooth Projects!

iPlus requires NO TETHERING ON ALL DEVICES AND IOS VERSIONS INCLUDING IOS 5 beta!!!!

iPlus works on ALL Devices and ALL iOS versions! Including iOS 5 beta and IPAD 2!!!!

List of Projects/Tweaks:

iSpeed 2.0 BUILT INTO SYSTEM!!!!

Battery Percentage!

More Wallpapers!

iPad 2 HDMI Display Mirroring on ALL DEVICES!!!! (iOS 4.3.x or newer only)

Wallpapers + Multitasking enabled for all 2nd Gen or older devices! (iOS 4.2.1 or older only)

Multitasking Gestures!

And More!!!!

We will keep posting updates when we add stuff to iPlus!

iPlus is still being made and we do not have a IPSW made yet, but from testing we know that it works!

As soon as we have a working IPSW we will release it to all of our wonderful testers! (That Means YOU!)

We will probabally estimated have a working version to distribute by the second week of September!

If you have any suggestions just let us know!

(note: it MUST BE SYSTEM HACKS. Things like mobile substrate require root access which cannot be granted to non untethered compatible iOS versions.)

Thanks!
    The iSmooth Project.
    Last edited by ismoothproject; 08-25-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ismoothproject View Post
    Lol I have no clue! It seems all mental.

Hello everyone! The iSmooth Project is back!

So your probably wondering, well, what gives? Why haven't we been posting?

Well 2 things.

1. Life. It stinks. just kidding lol.

2. Because we are working on an amazing project!

It is called: i
    Welcome back, ismooth! Yeah, so it appears that flash is coming...finally! This happened in march, and it appears the next version of flash incorporates this compatibility...somehow without even requiring flash to be installed...(?)

Anyways, it may be awhile until the next version is released, but I'll keep you guys posted!

Oh, and iPlus sounds cool! iPod touch users finally get battery percentage, lol

Thanks

Why do this and not jailbreak? I would want to see ******* for those of us without the apple dev licenses who want to test their apps on an actual device
    Computers: MPB 13" i7 mid 2011, MacBook Air "11 256GB Samsung SSD i7, 4GB RAM, both OSX 10.7.3

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Frash - Flash for the iOS is NOT compatible woth iOS 4.2.1. Try upgrading to iOS 4.3. I heard that's compatible. Of course, Apple stopped signing that firmware, so unless you have your SHSH saved with TinyUmbrella for 4.3, 4.0.1 or lower, you're screwed. Not sure, but I heard there's still a way with a walkthrough on RedmondPie. Try that.
    iPhone 4 running 4.2.1

Thanks

Just wondering, did you pull iOS4.3 fresh compatible out of thin air? It makes sense that you would say that because the title is error c:43

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default This might help