Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SpringBoard.strings

Default SpringBoard.strings
    Hi,
    i'm Filippo from Italy =D

I'm not a newbie in the modding community, and I've created a lot of themes right now, nut today I've a big problem with lockscreen's labels. I checked some tuts on how to change the "Slide To unlock" label (of course, in italian is "sblocca" label =D), I edited the SpringBoard.strings file, but instead of replace the original springboard.strings, I wanted to create a theme to see if it works applying a theme. So i created the folder MY_THEME/Bundles/com.apple.springboard/Italian.Iproj, than I put there the .strings file.

I applied the theme, but labels didn't change. So I looked further into the issue, I looked in the System/Library/CoreService/SpringBoard.app/Italian.Iproj folder, and I found the .strings file, but when I opened it with WordPad, I see only a list of chinese or something similar words. I can't understand why there are these chinese strings instead of the normal ones. I checked a lot of .strings files (of other countries), but they have all these chinese strings.

Why? How can I change correctly my lockscreen's label? Sorry for any mistakes in my thread, i'm italian =D

thank you in advance,
    Filippo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iamjamieq For This Useful Post:

dagger80 (01-21-2011)

awesome, thank!!!!!!!!