+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Swype or Shapewriter as default keyboard

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
This may have been covered before, and I may have missed it by searching, but I'm curious why alternative keyboards like Swype or Shapewriter have not been developed for the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Swype or Shapewriter as default keyboard
    This may have been covered before, and I may have missed it by searching, but I'm curious why alternative keyboards like Swype or Shapewriter have not been developed for the iPhone to replace the default one? Instead all we get is MobType (which blows) and EightKeys (which is better but terribly inefficient). I have been using Shapewriter, but like everyone else who uses it, I would like to have it as my default keyboard. If I knew how to program at all I would figure out how to combine a Swype style input system with the functionality of EightKeys. I am willing to pay good money for this type of tweak. I mean I've paid $5 for ****** apps, so I would even pay $10 for a keyboard that doesn't suck. Is there anyone out there willing (or already trying) to do this?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I would like to know if there was one too!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

As far as I know, there is no tweak to make swype a default keyboard. I would love to see it happen though.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i dont think any1 will do this:/ i think it would though if the really good modders put up sum tuts on how they do it and the programs they use and stuff..so more people would learn how to mod and then sum1 like me could make this. lolz i wud love this

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm actually kinda suppressed there isn't a keyboard like this there's all kinds of other mods. But there's nothing for this.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maxhasadhd View Post
    i dont think any1 will do this:/ i think it would though if the really good modders put up sum tuts on how they do it and the programs they use and stuff..so more people would learn how to mod and then sum1 like me could make this. lolz i wud love this
    Agreed! I would spend some mad time doing this and I would do it for free just to have it at least for myself. I just don't know how to do it, how to start, etc. I know nothing about coding, but I really want to do it. Tutorials would be very helpful! Anyone? Bueller?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Some one needs to do it!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I agree 100% i would love to have swype on my iPhone, i read some articles that said swype was interested in making a keyboard for iPhone but i haven't heard anything since. Cnn and gizmodo reported on it last year.