Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do u save game info ? (doing a restore)

Default How do u save game info ? (doing a restore)
    I dont thik iTunes saves your game info.

I want to do a restore. Ive spent a few hours getting to the top cop status in NFS Hot Pursuit, which entitles you to drive any car in the game. I want to be able to save this status so that I can access it again after I restore my phone. Does anyone know how ?

Ive google quite a bit for this info but havent seen any solutions, cheers

Sync your phone before a restore then when you get done with the restore. Sync from back up

iPhone? More like MyPhone ab6324's Avatar
    Thanks

PkgBackup in Cydia. Email the backed up files to yourself, sync with Dropbox, or use another available option to store data. AppBackup takes a good 10 minutes to backup data, but works very well. I'm not 100% sure if PkgBackup will allow you to restore back to where you left off in a game, and I can't verify if AppBackup will work after a restore. I apologize if this did absolutely nothing to help you out :/

Quote Originally Posted by ab6324 View Post
    PkgBackup in Cydia. Email the backed up files to yourself, sync with Dropbox, or use another available option to store data. AppBackup takes a good 10 minutes to backup data, but works very well. I'm not 100% sure if PkgBackup will allow you to restore back to where you left off in a game, and I can't verify if AppBackup will work after a restore. I apologize if this did absolutely nothing to help you out :/
    PkgBackup will not backup savegame data.

Im going to try Westerman's method on my gf's iPod Touch and see if it restores savegame data. I believe I had issues the last time I did this. Backed up Sudoku2 Pro along with other apps. When i restored, all my saved info, like achievements, high scores, etc had vanished. I had to start from scratch.

Wish there was a third party app just to help you backup and restore savegame datat or app configuration. I would gladly pay 20 bucks for it, lol

It may help now with the game center tho let me know what happens

iPhone? More like MyPhone ab6324's Avatar
    Thanks

Try MobileSyncBrowser. It supposedly works in conjunction with Westerman's sync and backup suggestion. If AppBackup and PkgBackup somehow became one backup manager, all problems would be solved.