Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Remove StatusBar Clock on Springboard!!! HELP!

Exclamation Remove StatusBar Clock on Springboard!!! HELP!
    I have spent hours going through forums and webpages looking for a way to remove the statusbar clock from my home screen (springboard) on my iPod Touch 4G iOS 4.2.1, with none giving me an awnser that worked. I have tried every possible suggestion (NoClock, MakeItMine, MyStrings, and other cydia apps) and none work. If there is an cydia app that I am missing I would be extremely happy to hear about it and i think that others with this problem would also be happy to hear it (especially the guy who has OCD and said he NEEDS it). Also if there is anyway to locate the clock through SSH and delete it I would love to know how. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by SilasTheG; 01-08-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

don't know if you want the rest of the statusbar but there is
    ModMyi.com | SB Hidden StatusBar
    Cydia link
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Yes I think I have tried that. But I only want the clock gone because I still want to see my wifi and battery and also if I remember correctly sb settings didn't work with it gone, along with all of my other statusbar activation toggles.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ab6324's Avatar
    Thanks

Go to SBSettings > More > SBSettings Options, and make sure the StatusBar options for the clock are off. If you have date or memory on, I think it'll include the time automatically. You can use MakeItMine to remove the status bar clock. In the enter text section, press space once and then click banner. Leaving it blank and clicking the banner won't change it.

Thank you for your suggestion but I have tried this already. I don't have SBSettings clock options on and I already tried MIM with the space. I even tried it a fourth time just now, just in case. Thanks. If you have any other ideas I am open to suggestion.

Thanks

I know you said you tried this, but reinstall "No Clock" from ModMyi (Themes). This time try dragging it to the very top in WinterBoard, enable, and respring. Any luck?
    Last edited by ab6324; 01-11-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Yes I tried this already. But i tried it again and no luck. Thank you for the suggestion.

i am interested in this as well.

Thanks

I haven't forgotten about about this topic. I also haven't come across any solution for this. I'll still look for an answer, but until then (which may be never...) I'd go to YouTube and search for a user that has a similar device as you, a lot of views on their videos, and positive comments. Try contacting them personally and see if they know how to do this.

Read here...it was just a page behind..lol
    [RELEASE] Status Bar Time Removed - iOS 4.2.1

i just downloaded the app. Works like a charm. It is installed in Settings. Under "Date Format", just put a space to remove the formatting and respring.