+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to change system menu color?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys, im on 4.2.1 /redsn0w/iphone4 i have a nice pretty complete theme im using and i also have iacces for my keyboards, but id like to change the white
    Thanks
    Default how to change system menu color?
    Hey guys,

im on 4.2.1 /redsn0w/iphone4

i have a nice pretty complete theme im using and i also have iacces for my keyboards, but id like to change the white or grey background color of the stock programs like SMS conversations, contacts, voicemail, mailbox and email.the black text on white background is hard for me, i dont see well.

can someone point me in the right direction?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You need to change the file "pinstripe.png" it is a UIImage. So putting the desired background in the folder and applying it through winterboard will get what you want done.

Green Apple
    Thanks

don't forget to post back if it worked for you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jcerjak View Post
    You need to change the file "pinstripe.png" it is a UIImage. So putting the desired background in the folder and applying it through winterboard will get what you want done.
    Thanks, but im still pretty new at most of this. I do understand what a UIImage is, but not sure how to change it or what to change it to. Can i download it? or make it myself? All i want to do is change the colors of all the stock menus. similar to when you toggle the "white on black" in settings.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrNewbdude View Post
    Thanks, but im still pretty new at most of this. I do understand what a UIImage is, but not sure how to change it or what to change it to. Can i download it? or make it myself? ...
    I think the suggestion given isn't what you're looking for., but I'll answer the above question you've made.

The UI is a folder somewhere in there.

All the images are prefixed with UI. So when they say change the pinstripe.png file, it means go in that folder, and find the UIpinstripe.png file.

Copy in there whatever wallpaper you want to display instead of that stock one and save it over that file.

That'll do it.

Does that help?

EX: For any theme, if you want to change the wallpaper or the SMSBackground, all you need to do is navigate to the respective theme, PASTE in there whatever image you want to use instead (using the respective file name). That's it.

Whether you dl it, or create it or whatever.

WOW...my first post! W00t!!!

Thanks

How exactly do you copy the image? From the camera roll?

Green Apple
    Thanks

You're asking two questions.

HOW TO COPY:

Using iFunBox. Click /COPY FROM PC/. It's really a Windows standard of how to copy a file. Do you really need me to tell you how to click /browse/., select a file., hit enter?

FROM WHERE: Again, this is entirely up to you.

ADVANCED: If you're 'on the go'., and have iFile. You can simply navigate to wherever you want, click EDIT., click the red bullet on the left., click the bottom RIGHT-MOST icon which will give you the option to COPY the file. Then, you click /done/ IIRC, then navigate to wherever you want the UIpinstripe (or any wallpaper or smsbackground) image you want, and click /edit/ then /PASTE/. Done.

For these things, you can't just select them from the photos app., as you need to be replacing the actual file in the directories.

Thanks

Ha sorry I didn't mean 2 questions but thanks.
    I ended up using ifile, then I navigated to the main themes created a folder name SMSBackground or whatever you would like to call it. Then I went into var/mobile/media/DCIM/100Apple
    And found a pic that I wanted( also you may have to edit images that are more than 500kb) the ones I used were about 250kb so they fit perfect. Cut the picture and then paste to theme folder you made earlier SMSBackground . Once you paste it you have to rename it to SMSBackground.png

Navigate to winterboard and click the new folder then walllllahhhh after you respring the pic should be in your SMS background!