+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to edit a theme's .css file to use custom [retina] wallpaper?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys. A fairly straight forward question here. I recently downloaded the "Nexus S Live Wallpaper" theme from Cydia, which is awesome. The only thing that I want to change
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Default How to edit a theme's .css file to use custom [retina] wallpaper?
    Hey guys. A fairly straight forward question here. I recently downloaded the "Nexus S Live Wallpaper" theme from Cydia, which is awesome. The only thing that I want to change is the wallpaper. Currently it has a non-retina wallpaper which doesn't look great on my iPhone 4. I had a look at the .css file and it pulls the wallpaper from the "images" folder in the theme. I tried to replace the current wallpaper with my own, although it places it off to the side (doesn't fit the whole screen as it's meant to). I tried putting @2x after the name, changing the pixel's etc, still no luck.

So basically I need to know how to use a retina wallpaper with the theme. What should I edit in the .css file to allow this? Or is there a way I can edit it to use the wallpaper chosen from the Settings.app instead of it pulling an image from the "images" folder in the theme? Here is a screenshot of the code, maybe someone can tell me what to edit it to Thanks!

PS. I posted this in theme discussion but I think more people view this board, and technically it is 'file modding' Hope that's ok!

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

iPhone? More like MyPhone onelow99's Avatar
    Thanks

try replacing that with ('/private/var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard/HomeBackGround.jpg') <--- I think that's right, then respring. And everytime you change wallpaper, you're gonna have to respring for it to take effect.
    Last edited by onelow99; 01-06-2011 at 11:17 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to onelow99 For This Useful Post:

Funked (01-06-2011)

Thanks

Maybe this will help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to edit a theme's .css file to use custom [retina] wallpaper?-imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  
    This is my PEACE sign -->

5. The Following User Says Thank You to onelow99 For This Useful Post:

Funked (01-06-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by onelow99 View Post
    try replacing that with ('/private/var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard/HomeBackGround.jpg') <--- I think that's right, then respring. And everytime you change wallpaper, you're gonna have to respring for it to take effect.
    Thanks for the reply! I changed it to the string you said, but no joy. Now it's just a black background, no wallpaper. I think this string might be right, but are you sure the springboard wallpaper is called "HomeBackGround.jpg"? Could it possibly be .png, @2x, etc? Or a different name all together? Thanks for your help!

Edit: Your way works, kinda! It was "HomeBackground.jpg" - no capital G :P Except I'm having the same issue as when I placed my wallpaper in the images folder. The wallpaper isn't in the right place, it sits way off. I tried changing all the pixel values to 640x960 again but it doesn't make a difference I really hope we figure this out, I need retina wallpapers! :P
    Last edited by Funked; 01-06-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Funked View Post
    Thanks for the reply! I changed it to the string you said, but no joy. Now it's just a black background, no wallpaper. I think this string might be right, but are you sure the springboard wallpaper is called "HomeBackGround.jpg"? Could it possibly be .png, @2x, etc? Or a different name all together? Thanks for your help!

Edit: Your way works, kinda! It was "HomeBackground.jpg" - no capital G :P Except I'm having the same issue as when I placed my wallpaper in the images folder. The wallpaper isn't in the right place, it sits way off. I tried changing all the pixel values to 640x960 again but it doesn't make a difference I really hope we figure this out, I need retina wallpapers! :P
    Try putting width: 320px; at the end

8. The Following User Says Thank You to onelow99 For This Useful Post:

Funked (01-09-2011)

Thanks

Try putting width: 320px; at the end

You have to tell it to scale it down like I have done in one of my widgets shown below. But, this being a .css file versus a .html file, I'm not 100% on how to code it exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to edit a theme's .css file to use custom [retina] wallpaper?-imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

10. The Following User Says Thank You to onelow99 For This Useful Post:

Funked (01-09-2011)

Thanks

Bump... I still haven't figured this out. Surely someone with theme knowledge can help me out!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Funked View Post
    Bump... I still haven't figured this out. Surely someone with theme knowledge can help me out!
    This should do it!

You have to add
    background-size: 320px 480px;

13. The Following User Says Thank You to onelow99 For This Useful Post:

Funked (01-09-2011)

Thanks

This should do it!

You have to add
    background-size: 320px 480px;

This works perfectly! Thanks so much, I had almost gave up on this theme :P Now it pulls the wallpaper straight from the Settings.app, and a simple respring does the trick to change it! Thanks so much