+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Using SSH vs Winterboard

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Okay so I love my iPhone 4, I want to jailbreak it but I'm really scared of lag and battery life taking a hit. I hear most of this comes
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Using SSH vs Winterboard
    Okay so I love my iPhone 4, I want to jailbreak it but I'm really scared of lag and battery life taking a hit. I hear most of this comes from using winterboard. This is a problem cause I want to use different icons on my iPhone. If I SSH the icons instead of using winterboard will this not decrease performance? I should also ask if this is even possible lol.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Both methods are valid. Using the ssh method, you would be substituting your image for a stock image. No performance hit unless your images are huge . This method is prone to errors, mis-deleted files, etc, etc. That's why Winterboard is the ideal and preferred method. You're not going to see any noticeable battery drain with Winterboard unless you go crazy and install a cpu/memory intensive theme.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply. So you're saying using winterboard and a basic theme wont kill my performance or battery? I just want a theme with nice icons and I'll probably use another lockscreen something like typophone 4. I wont be using a crazy theme with changing backgrounds and what-not, so I should be fine right.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Winterboard is fine to use. Just keep it simple

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Winterboard is the way to go like sb said its simple. Sshing i use for more customization, but i ssh into winterboard and change the themes in there so i dont mess up my stock icons.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here