+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: A tweak to hide the "slide to unlock/view" etc at lockscreen?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys. Well basically I downloaded a cool winterboard theme for an Android style lockscreen (link below). It's pretty slick, except when you get a text, the "slide to view"
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Default A tweak to hide the "slide to unlock/view" etc at lockscreen?
    Hey guys. Well basically I downloaded a cool winterboard theme for an Android style lockscreen (link below). It's pretty slick, except when you get a text, the "slide to view" text sits off-place way over to the right of the screen and gets cut off. And even if it was centered, it wouldn't look good with the theme anyway. I remember there was a tweak in Cydia not so long ago, which let you hide the lockscreen text. I think there is a few winterboard themes that let you hide the "slide to unlock", but I'm not sure if it also hides "slide to view/answer" etc. Does anyone know the name of the tweak to hide all lockscreen text? PS. I don't really wanna use iStrings or whatever that tweak is, and manually have to edit all the strings and have to replace them if I end up changing my lockscreen theme. I just want to disable the text when I have this theme on, then turn the text back on if I change themes. Any help appreciated, thanks!

Here's the theme if anyone is interested:
    HTC Sense Theme for iPhone 4 [How-To Install Guide] | Redmond Pie

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Could prob just make a custom "theme" of your own that replaces the string with whatever you want when activated.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jdfwarrior For This Useful Post:

Funked (12-14-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jdfwarrior View Post
    Could prob just make a custom "theme" of your own that replaces the string with whatever you want when activated.
    Yeh I could do that, but the tweak I saw in Cydia would save time and effort lol. Hope someone knows the name of it

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

Thanks

i use "iOS4 no slider theme" on my 4.. the slide to unlock is still there but can easily be removed using ifile or winscp