Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
12-09-2010, 09:06 AM #1Need help setting a ringtone via iFile
So my friend sent me a media file by MMS and I want to use it as a ringtone. Here is what I've done so far.
1. I forwarded the mms attachment to my email.
2. Opened my mail and saved it to the iphone disk (attachment saver)
3. Using iFile, i went into attachments, found my attachment and copied it.
4. Went into my var/stash/Ringtones.AnrrGD, and pasted the media file. I did check to see if it works and it does.
5. Changed the ext to .m4r file. Checked it again and it works.
6. Closed out iFile and went into my settings to set the ringtone and it doesnt work. Again, it does play through to ifile.
I've Respringed the phone and got nothing.
Last edited by SgtDeko; 12-09-2010 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
12-09-2010, 10:40 AM #2
i had alot of problems too,
in my case i downloaded the opening credits to BBC f1 program then extracted the audio file changed the ext.then c/p it to the ringtone folder, all stages done on my ip4, but still had no luck.
spent hours with no luck, then i decided to use my ifuntastic program (imo the best file messer abouter there is)
dragged the file from my desktop dropped it into the ringtone folder (through ifuntastic) and i was prompted to convert the ext. which i clicked yes, and the program sorted it out for me.
and another little secret ill let you in on , all these so called volume booster apps which i think do nothing , whilst i got my f1 ringtone sorted i found out you can also higher the volume to near speaker distorting levels.
The Following User Says Thank You to kevin.e.white For This Useful Post:
12-13-2010, 07:14 AM #3
Thanks for the info.