+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New to Modding --> SMS outgoing tone?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey there. I finally broke down and jailbroke my 3G iphone last night because I was really sick to the tri-tone SMS tone. I looked up some tutorials and replaced
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default New to Modding --> SMS outgoing tone?
    Hey there.
    I finally broke down and jailbroke my 3G iphone last night because I was really sick to the tri-tone SMS tone. I looked up some tutorials and replaced the .caf files with my own custom ones via diskaid and switch. (I'm running Mac OSX)
    I was very happy, until I realized this only changed my incoming alert tone. The actual text conversation within the Message app still has the "bloop-bleep" standard tone. I was wondering if there was a way to change these as well? (So when texting, both the sent/receive tones are custom)
    I've done some searching, but could only pull up tutorials on the incoming alert SMS custom tone. (Maybe I'm just searching for the wrong phrase?).
    Can anyone point my in the right direction?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

alright so the file you want to replace in that case is actually called ReceivedMessage.caf but here you only have the one option to replace rather than being able to change it... I recommend making your own little mini-theme for this because then if you want to change something it is really easy.

I use iPhone 4 so it may be a little different for you but it should be the same concept...

Go to /Library/Themes/your_theme_name_here.theme/UISounds
    and add your tones here and it is a little bit easier to change later

BTW any folders you dont have you will need to make

If you want to get fancy also
    Go to /Library/Themes/your_theme_name_here.theme/Bundles/com.apple.Preferences/en.lproj/Sounds.strings
    in iFile to change the name of the ringtone in your settings

iPhone? More like MyPhone PReCioSa's Avatar
    Thanks

just do a them it's much easier that way trust me. don't change the actual raw files. u can screw ur phone up that way.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ PReCioSa Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    irc.spotlatinos.com - #ChatGlobal