+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Has Anybody tried PhotoAlbum+ ?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I installed it but it doesnt work for me. I can add albums.. but i cant move or delete ANYTHING .. which pretty much makes this tweak pointless.. I restarted
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Has Anybody tried PhotoAlbum+ ?
    I installed it but it doesnt work for me. I can add albums.. but i cant move or delete ANYTHING .. which pretty much makes this tweak pointless.. I restarted my phone & reinstalled 2 times.. STILL nothing.. has anybody else experienced this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Works fine for me. iP4 4.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone LanCo Rider's Avatar
    Thanks

It would help if you told us what software you are on and what model phone.

I am on iPhone 4 with 4.0.1 and it works just fine for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've installed on an iPhone 3GS with iOS 4.1, and it works for me.

Please consider that the "trick" performed by PhotoAlbums+ (as far as I could understand) is to split the standard camera roll into an unlimited numbers of separate "sub-rolls" (consider them as subfolders of the main camera roll). For this reason:
    1) you can create any number of new "sub-rolls";
    2) you can move freshly shot photos from the main camera roll to any of the "sub-rolls" you created;
    3) you CAN'T move photos to/from real albums already existing prior to installing PhotoAlbum+, or created by syncronizing your iPhone with your computer via iTunes;
    4) you CAN'T force iTunes to copy your "sub-rolls" from the phone to the computer (just like you can't force iTunes to deal with your standard camera roll).

So, what's the point of having this app? As for me, it helps me keeping my my main photo roll tidy, even when I shot a lot of photos: I can now move them in temporary albums ("sub-rolls"), waiting to go back home and manually move them to the proper album the usual way.

As a bottom line, YES, I too expected PhotoAlbums+ to move photos between normal albums, and I'm a little disappointed about the actual limitations of this App. Maybe I've just overlooked or misunderstood either the app description (that doesn't mention any limitation) or the way I should operate.

EDIT:
    After searching this forum a little, I realize I haven't misunderstood anything. Frankly, the app description should mention the fact that PhotoAlbums+ doesn't manage the normal albums; and also the explanatory video posted at YouTube depicts an iPhone without any existing album: too a "clean" environment to think it was not done on purpose...
    Last edited by Hunknown; 12-07-2010 at 08:23 AM.