Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
File Modsforums, a part of the
Hi everyone, I'm trying to create a carrier bundle for T-Mobile which allows the iPhone's native visual voicemail menu to work with T-Mobile's VVM server. I have gathered a lot...
11-24-2010, 12:36 AM #1Need a community's help - trying to make a T-Mo IPCC with visual voicemail
I'm trying to create a carrier bundle for T-Mobile which allows the iPhone's native visual voicemail menu to work with T-Mobile's VVM server. I have gathered a lot of valuable information from VVM-ready Windows Mobile phones, the BlackBerry module, and the Android APK. I feel that I need one last piece of information in order to complete the puzzle and make VVM work: the contents of "/var/mobile/Library/Voicemail/com.apple.voicemail.imap.parameters.plist" from members who have the file and have visual voicemail working on their phone. I'm particularly interested if you have Bell Canada or any other IMAP-based visual voicemail solution.
If you can post the contents of the file (it is in plaintext XML)--with your phone number censored out of course--it would be greatly appreciated. Any progress I make will be shared with the community, including a finished product (if it ever works). If this file is placed on unlocked iPhones for T-Mo US and we have the correct parameters, it would cause the VVM menu to activate and perhaps read the data off of T-Mo's voicemail IMAP server.
Last edited by ssdsnake; 11-24-2010 at 01:15 AM.
11-29-2010, 02:27 PM #2
Bump! Kudos to you if you ever get this working, though I have my doubts.
01-16-2011, 03:02 PM #3
I actually did get a lot of things to work...
Wish I could test my Carrier Bundle for this, but Dev-Team delayed 02.10.04 unlock and I sold my 3GS
Test it out using the Mail.app!
- To start, turn off Wi-Fi. You can only connect to the voicemail IMAP server over EDGE.
- Make sure you have the Visual Voicemail service activated on your account (go to http://m.web2go.com/dsb/vvmupsell from Safari)
- Send the following SMS message to the number "122": "Activate:dt=6" (without quotes)
- You will receive a response from "129" that looks like this:Code:
- Note your username (u=) and password (pw=)
- Go set up a new mail account with "vvm.tmomail.net" as the IMAP server (no SSL), your username, and your password. Pick any SMTP server
- Open the Inbox on this account and go see your voicemails
I'm working on a Carrier Bundle for native Phone app support, but I can't do anything until dev team releases the i4 02.10.04 unlock!
Last edited by ssdsnake; 01-16-2011 at 03:12 PM.
01-16-2011, 07:19 PM #4
i dont even have that file
01-22-2011, 10:24 PM #5
has anyone got the visual voicemail to work with t-mobile. and not youmail I mean the native app.Ive searched everywere but no luck. would be great if this worked then I think that the Iphone would be perfect on TMobile