Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do you change Stock/Native app names in iOS 4.1?

Default How do you change Stock/Native app names in iOS 4.1?
    I have tried every method i can find for changing Stock/Native app names on the home screen including editing the info.plist in var/mobile/stash/Applications/[name].app, and Rename II. I came across this which explains how to change stock app names via /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/English.lproj/LocalizedApplicationNames.strings , but the end file does not exist. Anyone know where this was moved to in iOS 4.1?
    Thanks in advance for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by isme View Post
    I have tried every method i can find for changing Stock/Native app names on the home screen including editing the info.plist in var/mobile/stash/Applications/[name].app, and Rename II. I came across this which explains how to change stock app names via /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/English.lproj/LocalizedApplicationNames.strings , but the end file does not exist. Anyone know where this was moved to in iOS 4.1?
    Thanks in advance for your help!

I use ifile to change the names! its easy to do with it. go to application that you want to change in ifile and press edit,and then scroll back to top and change the Display name.plist There is a video on YouTube on how to do it! If you need more help.

Just download rename why go to all that trouble when there's an app for that.

finally got it to work with Rename II.
    Thanks guys

Not to worry oh just a mention the app comes with mail to attachment or something like that if your a memory saving freak like me even tho I have a 3gs you can uninstall it by going to /libray/mobilesubstrate/dynamiclibraries then the mail to attach deamon, there should be two files and make sure its enabled in sb settings before you delete.