+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Uninstalling DEBs with Mobile Terminal?

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So I currently have the Mobile Terminal iOS4 Beta installed, and I kinda goofed up and d/led a package with a dependency of, you guessed it, the old mobileterminal. Now,
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Uninstalling DEBs with Mobile Terminal?
    So I currently have the Mobile Terminal iOS4 Beta installed, and I kinda goofed up and d/led a package with a dependency of, you guessed it, the old mobileterminal. Now, Cydia is stuck trying to install it and I can't do ANYTHING, even uninstall the package that had the dependency.

So, what I'm asking is, is there any way I can remove com.x#######.removeld with either Mobile Terminal iOS4 Beta OR iFile? Or any other way I can solve the problem?

Edit: Firmware = 4.0.
    Last edited by iYeow; 11-16-2010 at 10:20 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

The reason why you are having this problem is because you are adding pirated source. Can't help you with that.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^Maybe true, but not guaranteed.

Crosseyes ... dpkg --help

to remove: dpkg -r xx.xx.xxx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

Crosseyes (11-17-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thank you so much MES.

Note: The package in question is NOT pirated, just outdated. That is where the problem was coming from.

Edit: is it normal to have to su root? It won't let me run dpkg on some (not all) packages as mobile. Hope I didn't screw something up...
    Last edited by Crosseyes; 11-17-2010 at 09:04 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crosseyes View Post
    So I currently have the Mobile Terminal iOS4 Beta installed, and I kinda goofed up and d/led a package with a dependency of, you guessed it, the old mobileterminal. Now, Cydia is stuck trying to install it and I can't do ANYTHING, even uninstall the package that had the dependency.

So, what I'm asking is, is there any way I can remove com.x#######.removeld with either Mobile Terminal iOS4 Beta OR iFile? Or any other way I can solve the problem?

Edit: Firmware = 4.0.
    I'm having the EXACT same issue. (3GS FW 4.1) No matter what I try to download in Cydia, it will always try to download mobileterminal and it errors out and never downloads it. I have ifile and I can't find any Terminal or MobileTerminal file on my iPhone to even delete. I cannot even download Mobile Terminal iOS4 Beta anymore. I'm out of ideas and I REALLY don't want to restore & re-jailbreak....Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DanTheManMS's Avatar
    Thanks

Can you SSH into the device using something like PuTTY (or standard "ssh" command if you're on a Mac)? You can then run the dpkg command as if you were typing it into MobileTerminal.