+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Deleting launchdaemons in iOS4.0

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have just upgraded my 3G to 4.0 and I am wondering if there is a list compiled with launchdaemons that can be deleted, just like for 3.xx. Could it
    What's Jailbreak? colorado_junkie's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Deleting launchdaemons in iOS4.0
    I have just upgraded my 3G to 4.0 and I am wondering if there is a list compiled with launchdaemons that can be deleted, just like for 3.xx. Could it be possible to delete the same launchdaemons? If anyone has some time to let me know I would greatly appreciate it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yep there's a thread on it in this very section mite be on page 2 will tell you all you need theres even a package that removes them for you on cydia and if you want to put them back just uninstall the package hope it helps.

Oh when you say 4.0 do you meen ios4 because 4.1 is faster on a 3G and it may be worth waiting a few days as 4.2 is ment to be even faster my 3G got 64mb memory with doing this and deleting languages but now I've got my 3GS 
    Last edited by fluffybunnyabc; 11-16-2010 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

How did you JB 4.1 for 3G???

Thanks

using Redsn0w

Thanks

Same version used to JB 4.0? If so, then I'm gettin'er done tonight!!!

Thanks

Redsn0w 0.9.6 is what you need matey

Thanks

Wish someone would answer your question OP. All the ones that were safe before are still safe, but a lot of them have been changed or deleted. I looked all through this forum and could only find the 3.X daemon list.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,014 Times in 1,712 Posts

I used snowbreeze 2.1 and it worked very good!!

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_junkie View Post
    I have just upgraded my 3G to 4.0 and I am wondering if there is a list compiled with launchdaemons that can be deleted, just like for 3.xx. Could it be possible to delete the same launchdaemons? If anyone has some time to let me know I would greatly appreciate it.

Hey, i found this and it says up to 4.0 it mit work i used it and it helped mine! [ame=http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224341]Speed Up Your iPhone/iPod by Removing Launch Daemons - iPod touch Fans forum - iPod, iPhone and iPad[/ame]
    Last edited by RKO1195; 11-18-2010 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Just upgrade to 4.1 its way faster on the 3g or even better when 4.2 comes out the same daemons on 3x and 4.0 apply to 4.1 ive done so on my old 3g thats now my girlfriends and my 3gs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You can install an app(or Script) called "DisableDaemon (3.x 4.x)" to remove launch daemons which are safe to get rid of. The good thing about it is that you can uninstall it to reenable the daemons again. Use is it on my Iphone 4 and 3GS. It frees up a good amount of memory and that is always a good thing. I havent had any problems with either of my devices after installing it. I would still recommend backing up your iphone before to install it. PM me for the repo. I would include it in the post but the only repos i see it in are the ones that are frowned upon.

For the record i have that repo to get this and the Pandora Skip Hack.