Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blank Screen No Icons

Default Blank Screen No Icons
    So I was in Mobile Finder just navigating around and I then clicked the home button and when I got there, I was presented with a blank screen with nothing there except my background. I did a restart and still the same thing. Where did everything go? Anyone experience this and is there a way to fix it other than reformatting?

this happens to me sometimes. But normally a restart fixes it. Have you tried resetting? Do you have dock installed so you can open rsbt with the sunburst and tinker around to see if that does anything?

Unfortunately I don't have Dock installed to do that. I actually thought about that being useful in this case. I have restarted a couple of times and nothing.

What do you mean by resetting?

Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have Dock installed to do that. I actually thought about that being useful in this case. I have restarted a couple of times and nothing.

What do you mean by resetting?

Holding both buttons until the apple pops back up . I think its different than just turning it off the back on but I could be wrong

Ah yes, I have done that, with the same result.

no what to tell you. Do you use ifuntastic/ibr****? If you were able to use those that might help

I originally installed ibrickr, just to install installer.app

From there, I installed everything via installer.app

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i have this problem sometimes. i unlock and it has a black screen. i either use dock to open what i want but in the end, just turn it on and off and it solves this. hopefully someone knows a fix to this.

Just an update. I got home and plugged into computer and iTunes still pics it up, so that's good. I opened iBrickr to see what would happen and it essentially acted like it ran the jailbreak again to set it up. I then installed Summerboard from iBrickr (since I thought maybe it was a problem with my theme installed) and Summerboard now apears on my screen all by itself but it doesn't open when I click it!

I then installed Dock, and I can bring up the dock, but the only apps it shows are Camera, Photos, SMBPrefs and Screenshot! It's like it all of a sudden lost all of my apps!

It's almost like it is bricked, but I didn't install the update!!!!

Any suggestions before I run a restore?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stealth1029's Avatar
    Thanks

It happens to me sometimes with summerboard, but its weird that a reset doesn't fix it, at this point I think your only option is a restore. It sucks if you have hundreds of mods like me.

i have this exact problems it says ipod in the top left shows my wifi and i get no icons no matter what i do itunes shows it as an iphone

it hapens to me somtimes i jus turn it of and turn it bck on and
    It goes back to normal sometimes kinda irritating im sure som one will come out wid an updatw to fix it

i have the same problem.. ipod and blank screen

same and i can get it to restore..

listen guise, just get a default M6AP.plist something, and you'll be back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by hanz0e View Post
    listen guise, just get a default M6AP.plist something, and you'll be back to normal.
    First of all, it's M68P.plist, and second, it is dependent on which version of firmware he has.

If you're on 1.1.1, then download the attached M68P.plist

If you're on 1.0.2, then download the attached DisplayOrder.plist

Install to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/

Reboot phone

I'm getting tired of incorrect, or inaccurate info on here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dictionary; 11-06-2007 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Didn't put the attachments, lol

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dictionary For This Useful Post:

Sproch (01-20-2008), stocis (12-29-2007)

Default this worked for me.
    just for all googlers, the above mentioned method worked great for me (1.1.1) - due to the lacking icons, i was unable to connect to my wireless, so i had to use the USB connection - and this worked through iphonebrowser.

i simply overwrote the M68AP.plist with the one posted above, and back they were, my icons - nicely and complete.

iphonebrowser:
    http://www.iphone-hacks.com/downloads/file/67

thanks, guys!

Thanks

-Someone please make this a Sticky-
    seems like alot of people experience this judging from how many views this thread has (1,513 as of writing this)

As for me when i SSH'd into my iphone i somehow had a new M68P.plist file and a backup of my original so all i had to do was rename the back up and all was good again (i.e-remove the .bak from M68P.plist.bak)

But thanks Dictionary, would have taken me alot longer to find it without ya *presses thanks button*

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Sproch For This Useful Post:

Carmel (07-10-2008)