+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question regarding Iboot(Bootlace) on 3GS

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hi, I have a query, I have a Iphone 3GS 32 gb on 4.1 OS. I am interested in playing with the Android os that I have been reading about
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Question regarding Iboot(Bootlace) on 3GS
    hi,

I have a query, I have a Iphone 3GS 32 gb on 4.1 OS.
    I am interested in playing with the Android os that I have been reading about everywhere. :P

Now I have seen support for iPad and iPhone 4 will be coming soon but there is no reference about 3GS.

Will someone clarify a little on this issue? Will I be able to run Froyo as a dual boot on my Iphone 3GS?

Regards
    Plox

EDIT : Please close this thread, found the answer on idroid wiki. there is no bootrom exploit so no hope.
    Last edited by plox; 11-14-2010 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Resolved

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There might be some hope see openiboot is open source and some people are working on it for newer gens. But till someone picks up the source and finds an exploit then no we won't get android on iPhone 3GS

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

and the people making the 4G and ipad are meanies and wont work on the 3gs even though they said they are very simular but they wont, so 3gs r outa luck, im upgrading for this reason, 3gs was canned, why did no 1 work on this?

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Well there is a working AndroidLock Screen cydia package

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maxhasadhd View Post
    and the people making the 4G and ipad are meanies and wont work on the 3gs even though they said they are very simular but they wont, so 3gs r outa luck, im upgrading for this reason, 3gs was canned, why did no 1 work on this?
    The 3GS hasn't been canned you sound like a demanding user think about it it took like 5 months to get android on iPhone 2/3G that's a long time people have to work on something miss parties, holidays just to bring a user something that is free. So you shouldn't be complaining. Again I'll say it openiboot is open source so when someone picks it up and finds an exploit in the boot rom then maybe we can get it on the 3gs
    Last edited by Yenjoi; 11-15-2010 at 07:05 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

ya but that was hella long ago wasnt it? then 3gs has been out fir awhile and no1 picked it up and eberyone is just waiting to upgrade to i4, but ya hopefully someone picks up soon