Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
File Modsforums, a part of the
No, not video recording. Apple just wont let it happen. Time to move on. And please don't be like, "Why not post in one of the many threads about this?"...
11-14-2010, 04:22 PM #1VoiceControl and Accessiblilty for iPhone 3G
No, not video recording. Apple just wont let it happen. Time to move on. And please don't be like, "Why not post in one of the many threads about this?" It's because there completely un-organized. And mine is a straight up guide, not people trying to piece it together(Even though it could easily become it)
Alright. Here's what were going to need. Also, if you get something about this file exists, OVERWRITE IT.
- An iDevice with VoiceControl running 4.1 jailbroken(PM Me if you don't have one available to you)
- An unsupported device(Duh) iPhone 3G, iPod touch 2G running 4.1 jailbroken
- A lot of files and basic knowledge of WinSCP
Ok so to start we need to SSH into our device that is supported by VoiceControl.
1. Go to /System/Library and Grab the AccessibilityBundles and VoiceServices and drag them to your desktop.
2. Next head over to /System/Library/LaunchDaemons and grab com.apple.scrod, com.apple.VoiceOverTouch and com.apple.voiced
3. Go to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks and get UIAccessibility.framework and VoiceServices.framework
4. Go to /System/Library/PrefernceBundles and grab AccessibilitySettings.bundle
5. Go to /System/Library/CoreServices and grab VoiceOverTouch.app
6. Head over to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app and open your plist(N82AP.plist for iPhone 3G, not sure about iPod touch 2G)
And add the following lines under capabilities
Now lets go ahead and put all of the files we just gathered on the device we want VoiceControl on...
Make sure all your LaunchDaemons are in /System/Library/LaunchDaemons
Now, install MobileTerminal that works with iOS 4(Google around there are plenty of debs)
The default password is "alpine" unless you have changed it
launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.voiced.plist
launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.VoiceOverTouch.plist
We do not need to do com.apple.scrod because on a fresh install the daemon is already there(Confirmed on an iPhone 3G) meaning it's already being loaded.
Reboot for changes and see if it works.
Last edited by xXrkidXx; 11-14-2010 at 04:32 PM.iPhone 3G 4.2.1 - iPod touch 3G 5.0 Beta 1
Windows 7 - OS X 10.5.6