Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Removing "No SIM Installed" - 3gs as Ipod Touch

Default Removing "No SIM Installed" - 3gs as Ipod Touch
    Since upgrading to the Iphone 4, I've decided to use my old 3GS as an Ipod touch. My question is, is there anyway to modify a setting to remove the "No SIM Installed" message when unlocking the lockscreen, especially when respringing? I've tried the iPhone to iPod package in cydia but it still show up. It's not really a big deal, just kind of annoying so any help will be appreciated. Thanks!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

You could try an app called FakeCarrier or MakeItMine (in Cydia), they change the carrier text. I'm not sure if it works when there's no sim installed, worth a shot tho

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

Ask AT&T for a new sim because yours is acting up......set in airplane mode.......profit.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dale2's Avatar
    Thanks

what happened to your old sim
    leave it in

Quote Originally Posted by corkey20000 View Post
    Ask AT&T for a new sim because yours is acting up......set in airplane mode.......profit.
    that wont work because at&t will give him a new micro SIM and his 3gs needs a full size SIM
    Last edited by dale2; 11-14-2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Buy a prepaid SIM, would that work? It would just display no service or searching right? But the pop up won't happen, I believe. Done this with my inactive T-Mo SIM on unlocked iPhone 3G before the device went up to sell, and it just showed no service.

Smile best solution
    Why don't you trade for an i touch 3rd gen an some cash. I am desperately looking for an iphone 3GS while my itouch 32GB sit in my garage for months. If you live nearby I can give you 100-150 bucks and my almost new itouch 32gb 3rd gen plus a lots of thanks go with it

Quote Originally Posted by IslandGodz View Post
    Since upgrading to the Iphone 4, I've decided to use my old 3GS as an Ipod touch. My question is, is there anyway to modify a setting to remove the "No SIM Installed" message when unlocking the lockscreen, especially when respringing? I've tried the iPhone to iPod package in cydia but it still show up. It's not really a big deal, just kind of annoying so any help will be appreciated. Thanks!!!
    Remove No SIM Installed in the system strings

Quote Originally Posted by dale2 View Post
    what happened to your old sim
    leave it in

that wont work because at&t will give him a new micro SIM and his 3gs needs a full size SIM
    That's why you tell them you switch between both devices. This is why you have a SIM card in the first place.