Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2010 iPhone 3GS volume

Default 2010 iPhone 3GS volume
    Me and my gf both have a 2009 32 GB iPhone 3GS. The other day my gf took her iPhone in to Apple because her buttons weren't working. Since it was still under warranty they gave her a new 32 GB iPhone 3GS. After a few days of playing with it I noticed the speakers were way louder, almost sounds like the iPhone 4 speakers. So now I'm wondering if the 2010 iPhone 3GS all have louder speakers.

Sorry for posting in the Mod section. Posting from my iPhone and thought I clicked on General iPhone chat

A lot of times, you'll notice even on a normal 3GS if you listen (or at least it seems like this on mine) that when you can adjust the volume when it is on "ringer" (as in no music in the background) and it is at full volume, it will sound louder than when you are playing background music (I have tested this by making a custom song with nothing but inaudible air for a about 30 seconds) and it does seem a bit more quiet

what i noticed on the new 3GS is how loud and clear the sound is on full volume compared to our old ones. i've tested it out on the iPod app, Netflix, YouTube, and other things. the new 3GS has a better speaker.

After getting myself a iPhone 4 and comparing different iPhones, my gf's 2010 iPhone 3GS is much louder. I wonder if that was done on purpose to give the 3GS some benefits.