Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: movies wont video out

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default movies wont video out
    last night i pluged my iphone into the tv and played a movie, it started charging and the movie was loading but when it played it was on the ohone like it wasnt hooked up to the tv. i pluged my dads unjailbroken phone in and his played, how do i fix?!? i restored but is it the jailbreak or an cydia app or tweak?

I believe its a paid app in the Cydia store. Its called TVOutTuner Also look for/ install (if you have SBSettings) the TVOut Toggle. When toggled on all video goes out thru the docking port, so it will look as if your screen has frozen... To view video back on the phone's screen, turn the toggle off.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

no im talking about
    movies. apple lets mpvies tv out with thier apple cord. i push the movie and it plays like nothings pluged in but my dads play the exact same movie. with tv out unjailnroken. so i somehow messed up my tv out or safari

Is your dad's an older iPhone/ using an earlier version of software? Apple add things to software that disables older accessories... I noticed when I bought my 3g that even though it fit in the same dock as my iPod Mini. and iPod Nano(w/ video)I'd get error messages like "This device is not supported for charging a iPhone" To use my 3G and newer iP4 with older hardware accessories I installed and app called "Popup Blocker" in setting I can to Alerts/ Accessory Warnings/ and select "Block When Unlocked/ Block When Locked" and turn off "Wake On Alert" There is a 14 day trial.... Worth a try.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

w hav the same ohone but mines jaikbroken his is not. his will video out mine would not. it did before so i was wondering why.

It's indeed caused by the jailbreak. The latest versions of DisplayOut and resupported4 have a fix for it.
    Try installing resupported4 (it's a free trial)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

its a apple cord though? its supported. just idk what i moded or got moded by a tweak that messed it up. ill try now and see if it works though

Is there a case/ bumper on the iP4? The dock connection is a litte deeper than on previous phones/ iPods. That could be the cause?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

its 3GS no cases. just, ok if you plug in the av cables and play a movie its a straight line with the play buttons under and a black screen and a cancel button and the where you are bar, so my dads looked like that, i had mine in,same movie, and it had a rounded bar with the play buttons and everything was the same except the picture was on my phone, not the tv, im trying to fix that though

edit: i pluged it in and nope wont work:/ i think its something in the 4.1 jailbreak because i only have one tweak and its folder enhancer
    Last edited by Maxhasadhd; 11-11-2010 at 09:59 PM.

The 4.1 jailbreak disables video out on 3G/3GS even for genuine cables. Like I said latest versions of resupported4 and DisplayOut have a fix for it. Here is the change log: "Workaround 4.1 jailbreak disabling all video out on 3G S devices"

Did you try resupported4 (the 4 is important!)
    Otherwise you might search for a cracked version of DisplayOut just to test if that would work...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

im working on getting resupported 4, i have no money right now so:/ but thanks i didnt know it was dissabled by the jailbreak or jailbreak app.

You can install it without a purchase! It works for 10 days and even after that 10 days your video out should work as you don't actually need the hack for your cable.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

ohhhh ok, after the 10 days do i keep it or can i delete it and my cable will work again?

I guess it will not longer allow the use of cheap cables but that shouldn't bother you as yours is genuine. Just try and tell us in 10 days

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

ok i have it and it working, thanks