Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Guide] How to create a custom carrier logo

I'm on 4.2 3GS. Will try tonite. Good guide. X

Thanks

Hi.. could you please tell me where have i done wrong. I'm using a factory unlocked iP4 on 4.2.1 at the moment and i tried to edit the carrier.plist inside the unknown.bundle directly from the phone using iFile. I'm using 3 mobile carrier indonesia.. and i found out that the carrier logo that i'm using is a symlink to hutchison_mo.bundle which is 3 Macau. I manage to replace the original logo with a logo of my own.. complete with the [email protected] images and it was installed perfectly even just after i exit iFile without respringing.. and the APN settings are still in place.

Later on i put the phone on airplane mode and use wifi. And soon after i turned off airplane mode i notice that my custom logos are gone.. replaced back with the original and the cellular data network option in Settings is also gone. I tried to put the original carrier.plist, logos, respring, reboot but no success. Can you tell me what's wrong? I'm in the process of restoring my phone at the moment.. and planning to try the above posted methods after i got it restored. Enlighten me, bud.. please...

thanks in advance...

I know everyone is asking about the iP4, but does this also apply to the iPad? Especially a WiFi only model?

I figured it out, exactly as the iPod just changed to Black/Silver_CARRIER_IPAD.png and placed in UIImages folder within my custom theme.
    Last edited by ninthchamber99; 02-13-2011 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

PLEASE HELP ME! I want to put the ATT logo with the world pic on my iphone....like the one in the cydia store, put will not work with 4.2.1
    I'm very new with jailbreaking and such. I have ifile but I don't not know how to do the whole logo thing. How do you get the .png files, etc.
    Someone PLEASE email me how to do this step by step if you don't mind. [email protected]
    I have an iPhone4 running 4.2.1 with greenpoison jailbreak.
    Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123