+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Guide] How to create a custom carrier logo

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Sorry for the late reply guys. Originally Posted by enne91 hi, i just followed your guide and the "default" logo has changed as planned but the white one ( "FSO"
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry for the late reply guys.

Quote Originally Posted by enne91 View Post
    hi, i just followed your guide and the "default" logo has changed as planned but the white one ( "FSO" ) did not change....it shows up "Custom" instead my image...any suggestions?
    Are you sure you named the FSO image correctly, and typed it into FakeCarrier exactly as you named it? That's the only reason I can think of for it displaying "Custom" - you must of named the file wrong! Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by | ChAoS | View Post
    Thank you so much, man, this is so awesome!

I have a question: I haven't tried it yet, does it change the "iPhone" label only or the operator logo (like At&T, Vodafone, Wind, etc.) too?

Thank you, you are the best =)
    Hi, glad you like the guide I'm not sure what you mean, the "iPhone" label? On my iPhone, it just says the carrier name at top left (in my case, it says Orange). It has never said "iPhone", so I'm not sure what you mean buddy! If you're referring to an iPod, then this method won't work, as iPod's don't have carrier bundles. Hope this answers your question!

Glad to see people trying this out!

P.S. I'm not sure if this method works on 4.2.1 or 4.3 (I'm still on 4.1, waiting for the untethered goodness!). Can anyone possibly try it on 4.2.1 and let me know? FakeCarrier recently got updated to support 4.2.1! If not, I'll report back here and update the post if it works for 4.2.1 once I update/jailbreak with the latest untether

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried to use logo for O2 Slovakia, ...O2SK.png MIM ignore it... it work just when I copy carrier on Info file to unknown.bundle folder... it works fine then, but when I return form airplane mod I lost my custom logo and there is just default text "O2 - SK"
    what should I do to keep my custom logo?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littlekubo View Post
    I tried to use logo for O2 Slovakia, ...O2SK.png MIM ignore it... it work just when I copy carrier on Info file to unknown.bundle folder... it works fine then, but when I return form airplane mod I lost my custom logo and there is just default text "O2 - SK"
    what should I do to keep my custom logo?
    I'm not too sure what you mean. Follow my guide and make sure you name the files correctly and place them into the Unknown.Bundle. If you named the file "O2SK.png" then it probably won't work. You said you copied the image into an "info file"? Sorry but I really don't understand what you're trying to say! If you're sure you've followed the guide correctly, then try using FakeCarrier instead of MakeItMine - I'm not sure if it will make a difference though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Funked View Post
    I'm not too sure what you mean. Follow my guide and make sure you name the files correctly and place them into the Unknown.Bundle. If you named the file "O2SK.png" then it probably won't work. You said you copied the image into an "info file"? Sorry but I really don't understand what you're trying to say! If you're sure you've followed the guide correctly, then try using FakeCarrier instead of MakeItMine - I'm not sure if it will make a difference though.
    i named my files Default_CARRIER_O2SK.png and FSO_CARRIER_O2SK.png
    I was just lazy to write full name, so i used ...O2SK.png as "short name". sorry. tahn, one of Czech iPhone forum users made O2 logos for iOS 3.1 and in this pack is folder O2_sk_custom.bundle with both .png files and info.plist and carrier.plist files. When I copy all files from this pack to unknow.bundle folder it works without MakeItMine (MIM) till I switch on airplane mod and then switch it off. It looks like MIM ignores when I write O2SK there... FakeCarrier ignores (IMO) my logo too, cause shows just text entered to line...

Thanks

i named my files Default_CARRIER_O2SK.png and FSO_CARRIER_O2SK.png
    I was just lazy to write full name, so i used ...O2SK.png as "short name". sorry. tahn, one of Czech iPhone forum users made O2 logos for iOS 3.1 and in this pack is folder O2_sk_custom.bundle with both .png files and info.plist and carrier.plist files. When I copy all files from this pack to unknow.bundle folder it works without MakeItMine (MIM) till I switch on airplane mod and then switch it off. It looks like MIM ignores when I write O2SK there... FakeCarrier ignores (IMO) my logo too, cause shows just text entered to line...
    Oh, I understand now. It seems that you named them correctly! I'm not sure why you copied the .plist files from the folder you downloaded though, I just put my images into the Unknown.bundle without any extra files and my carrier logo changes. I can switch airplane mode on/off and my logo will still come back, so I can only assume it has something to do with the .plist files you added. I just checked my Unknown.bundle folder and I already have an Info.plist and carrier.plist, so you shouldn't of added different ones. I'm guessing they overwrote the original, so unless you made a backup of the originals, I'm not sure what else you can do. Try naming the images "Default_CARRIER_Logo.png" and "FSO_CARRIER_Logo.png" and type "Logo" into MakeItMine. You should reboot and respring after to be sure, then try switching on/off airplane mode. If FakeCarrier doesn't work either and you still have the problem, then I'm sorry but I don't know how to help you

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Funked For This Useful Post:

littlekubo (02-01-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh, I understand now. It seems that you named them correctly! I'm not sure why you copied the .plist files from the folder you downloaded though, I just put my images into the Unknown.bundle without any extra files and my carrier logo changes. I can switch airplane mode on/off and my logo will still come back, so I can only assume it has something to do with the .plist files you added. I just checked my Unknown.bundle folder and I already have an Info.plist and carrier.plist, so you shouldn't of added different ones. I'm guessing they overwrote the original, so unless you made a backup of the originals, I'm not sure what else you can do. Try naming the images "Default_CARRIER_Logo.png" and "FSO_CARRIER_Logo.png" and type "Logo" into MakeItMine. You should reboot and respring after to be sure, then try switching on/off airplane mode. If FakeCarrier doesn't work either and you still have the problem, then I'm sorry but I don't know how to help you
    it will be possible for you to upload both .plist files from your Unknown.bundle foleder?

Thanks

it will be possible for you to upload both .plist files from your Unknown.bundle foleder?
    Sure buddy, I wasn't sure where else to upload such a small file so I chose FileDude. I put them in a .rar, so just extract it and put the .plist files in your Unknown.bundle. I'm not sure if this will fix your problem, and I don't know if it will mess anything up. So please don't hold me responsible if something bad happens! I'm using an iPhone 4 on 4.1 fw, I'm not sure if that will make a difference if you're using a different device/firmware. Please let me know if this fixes your problem.

FileDude - Super Simple File Hosting

(Note to mods: Sorry for the choice of file host, I know this site can be linked to piracy. Hope it's ok for these .plist files though).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Funked For This Useful Post:

littlekubo (02-01-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thx a lot... but I have no idea what happened after renaming cutom logo files to ..._logo.png but after restart I lost celluar data options option in Settings>General>Network
    is here in forum topic about how to fix it without restore?
    mods, sry for OT

Thanks

thx a lot... but I have no idea what happened after renaming cutom logo files to ..._logo.png but after restart I lost celluar data options option in Settings>General>Network
    is here in forum topic about how to fix it without restore?
    mods, sry for OT
    Eep, that's not good! Did this cellular data problem happen after only renaming the images? Or did you copy my .plist's too? If you used my .plist files, try putting back the ones you downloaded previously (Czech iPhone?) and that may fix the problem. Also, rename the images back to what they were before. You should see your cellular data as normal, but you will probably still have the first issue of the logo disappearing when you come out of airplane mode. Let me know if you get the cellular data back! If not, I'll keep trying to help. Restore is a last option!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Funked For This Useful Post:

littlekubo (02-01-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Eep, that's not good! Did this cellular data problem happen after only renaming the images? Or did you copy my .plist's too? If you used my .plist files, try putting back the ones you downloaded previously (Czech iPhone?) and that may fix the problem. Also, rename the images back to what they were before. You should see your cellular data as normal, but you will probably still have the first issue of the logo disappearing when you come out of airplane mode. Let me know if you get the cellular data back! If not, I'll keep trying to help. Restore is a last option!
    after renaming... I tried put back old ones, but Cellular Data Settings tab still missing...nothing helped... removing SIMcard during page loading, some APN apps... nothing... I'm afraid of Supreme Preferences, cause last time didnt worked for me, just made more troubles... any idea?
    with old .plist files and .png files nothing happened with Carrier logo... still default

//edit: your .plist files saved my mobile data. thanks a million
    but pack to topic: I tried to write in MakeItMine/Fake Carrier text line names of carrier from Unknown.bundle folder, but still nothing...
    //edit2: can be problem in size of png files? Default have few KB but mine about 2MB
    Last edited by littlekubo; 02-01-2011 at 10:41 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me shellbell1471's Avatar
    Thanks

easiest way to get logo showing up on iphone 4.2.1

is as follows:
    MacThemes Forum / Change carrier logo without winterboard

Found this on another forum to change carrier logo for 4.2.1

go to /private/var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle/

and you should see your logos.........make a logo and rename them exactly the same.......however, you need to make a copy of each and and put @2x.png so you should have 4 pngs in here....respring and there you go

forgot to add might need to resize logo to 90x40 as 70x20 looked too small x

15. The Following User Says Thank You to shellbell1471 For This Useful Post:

Funked (02-02-2011)

Thanks

FakeCarrier was recently updated for 4.2.1, so unless the Unknown.bundle has changed directory, then the original method should also work. Thanks for posting this one too though shellbell1471

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Funked For This Useful Post:

shellbell1471 (02-04-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    4.2.1 on a 3gS and I can't get it to work
    got it working by replacing the Default and FSO files under: /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/ATT_US.bundle
    the .png was copying over all CAPS. changed them to lower case and that fixed it.
    Last edited by TaraFirma; 02-03-2011 at 11:07 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

shellbell1471, if is my carrier has not folder, is just in Unknown.bundle folder in System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/ should be named Unknown.bundle too?

Thanks

should be i think

Thanks

I updated my iPhone 4 to 4.2.1, and I can't get this working at all! I tried my original method, no luck. Then I tried your way shellbell1471, still no joy! I even tried the Winterboard method and can't get it to work. Starting to get frustrated and thinking about just giving up. I might just not try any more until 4.3 drops, then I'll give it a go. I've replaced so many different carrier images in my iPhone's file system that I don't know which are default and which are my custom logos haha.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shellbell1471 View Post
    should be i think
    don`t work, too

Thanks

mmmmm....whats your carriers?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

mine? O2 Slovakia (O2-SK)

Thanks

I'm on Orange UK (Orange_uk). I've tried placing the images in that folder, and the Unknown.bundle folder, and a few other folders that relate to it. I just can't get it working, even though I respring/reboot every time