Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Slow Cydia

Default Slow Cydia
    Cydia starts ok but is very very slow to load or refresh data. I have a 3GS and am running 4.01. Any ideas why?

Cydia has always been slow. Try removing some sources. Having too many can make it slower. If you added a lot of sources yourself, then that could be the problem

Havnt added any. It just seems after this last jb it has been creeping

iPhone? More like MyPhone hnic247's Avatar
    Thanks

in sections remove themes and ringtones it runs way faster after that..thats only if u dont use themes or ringtones from cydia
    HIGH QUALITY BEATS FOR HIGH QUALITY ARTISTS

....MYSPACE.COM/GOTBEATS856.....

Removing ringtones/ themes and other misc crap that I never use from cydia REALLY speeds it up. Useful if u don't use themes or download from somewhere other than cydia...

Does anyone know if Cyfresh works with 4.1? I heard it speeds up cyrus a great deal b

Thanks
    Also wondering if they're going to incorporate native multitasking? Would be a great feature..
    "If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Microsoft View Post
    Also wondering if they're going to incorporate native multitasking? Would be a great feature..
    I doubt it. Cydia already disables all MobileSubstrate addons so that nothing interferes with installing new packages, and I'm guessing that's why the native multitasking wasn't implemented either.

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Funked View Post
    I doubt it. Cydia already disables all MobileSubstrate addons so that nothing interferes with installing new packages, and I'm guessing that's why the native multitasking wasn't implemented either.
    Before iOS 4 you were able to use SB Settings though, I think it would be an awesome feature that cydia + rock are probably thinking about..
    "If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

Is there a speedy replacement for cydia, it is so slow at starting, then you have to wait for it to update. It's just crazy.
    It's a shame that so many people have worked so hard on all those jail break apps, yet cydia makes it such a chore to get hold of them.

I'm sure windows 95 use to start up faster than this

disclaimer : I know the jb community works hard for little pay off, but when items start to become almost unusable it's worth mentioning?

Thanks

Cydia was having some problems along with a couple of repos. Should be fixed now. Works great for me.

I realize I'm a bit late in the forum.