Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS HD recording 960X720 released

everything is working fine here 3gs ios4.1.

other question : will 1280x720 work ?

ok, question for all of you: do you have facetime switch and SETTINGS_ACCOUNT_REGISTRATION_ON_DEFAULT under Settings>Phone and the HDR options under Settings>Photos?

i'm trying to guess if it's 960x720 or original mod messing around.

thanks and cheers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gutaker View Post
    ok, question for all of you: do you have facetime switch and SETTINGS_ACCOUNT_REGISTRATION_ON_DEFAULT under Settings>Phone and the HDR options under Settings>Photos?

i'm trying to guess if it's 960x720 or original mod messing around.

thanks and cheers
    I am apparently having the same as you as well here

So it is safe to say that this mode created this 2 new option ?

AlvinDj: ok, so you got those, but can you sync media/apps? we cant tell you now for 100% most of us have no probs at all but as you can see there is at least two of us having same problem syncing the device

anyway... i think our friend Antoninygaard copied files from iPhone 4 and then modded it... can you confirm that Antoninygaard?

maybe this is the lead...

gnite... goin 2 sleep

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

AlvinDj: ok, so you got those, but can you sync media/apps? we cant tell you now for 100% most of us have no probs at all but as you can see there is at least two of us having same problem syncing the device

anyway... i think our friend Antoninygaard copied files from iPhone 4 and then modded it... can you confirm that Antoninygaard?

gnite... goin 2 sleep
    No I am NOT having any problems at all with the phone except for the longer than normal delay time when I turn on the camera mode and that 2 new options popping up.

Just tried this and no good.
    I get the HDR setting in photo app settings but that is all.
    I do not get extra icons in camera app and the videos I record are not at a higher res.
    Any help please?

I'm also getting a FaceTime option in phone settings?

just tried it with 1280x720 ... works but doesn't plays on iphone ... and somewhat zooms the video... don't know ^^ someone with knowledge should try to get real 720p working

Can anyone please please try a 60 (or even more) FPS setting, at a lower resolution and bitrate? Perhaps that can work - in which case it might be even more useful than the HD recording

gnite... goin 2 sleep

the files are from iPhone 3GS 4.1 and modded. not af copy from iphone 4

Enable or disable HD video recording for 3gs is on BigBoss!!

Edit: cydia version only works on 4.1.

This version makes the videos twice as grainy and just doesnt seem all that high quality even though its bigger.
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 11-05-2010 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SnowLeo For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (12-02-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Enable or disable HD video recording for 3gs is on BigBoss!!

Edit: cydia version only works on 4.1.

This version makes the videos twice as grainy and just doesnt seem all that high quality even though its bigger.

is my version Grainy?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Antoninygaard For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (12-02-2010)

Yeah cause the cydia one doesnt work on ios 4.0.1. Im getting like double the amount of grain with yours installed.

One from bigboss is not grainy. Seems to work better than this one and it can be enabled or disabled through winterboard.
    Oh and it does work on 4.0.1. I tried ones from other sources and they are only for 4.1 but the bigboss one works on 4.0.x and 4.1

Update Released

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Antoninygaard For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (12-02-2010)

Can you modify the files to have the 3gs recording 1080p at 300fps with 25mbps? Like that I might be able to sell my phone recording at super hd quality and it will net me a small fortune! Come on guys, it does not work as the iphone 4 obviously, the hardware just isn't there to cope! Plus you can see the battery going down super quick and the space decreasing. Also the size of the files are huge which makes the iphone slower. You best bet is buying an iphone 4 if you want this feature and selling the 3gs. HDR is a different thing all together, The camera can take stills very well with different contrast settings. The hd videos are larger but not better quality or the quality that hd should be. The framerate is lower and it freezes. Just doen't work properly in the end
    Quote Originally Posted by SeW800 View Post
    Can anyone please please try a 60 (or even more) FPS setting, at a lower resolution and bitrate? Perhaps that can work - in which case it might be even more useful than the HD recording

nope, max is 29pfs... i tried before, and didnt work

Lol, I was being sarcastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by cholodvs View Post
    nope, max is 29pfs... i tried before, and didnt work

demonknight9, you should read the PDF specifications about the chip found in the 3GS - it's a Cortex A8 CPU capable of hardware 720p video encoding, it clearly says it.

Anyway, even if in some cases you don't notice much of a difference (perhaps in low light videos), even the basic video information does show that the bitrate really is increased, and the frame rate (which is usually 15fps) is now 29fps, which is a major difference by itself.

The 3GS does not do 15fps at the standard recording resolution, it's 640x480 VGA at 30fps. The video looks better than any other phone that records with the same specs though. You are right, the bitrate and resolution are higher but just checking an iPhone 4 file against a 3GS with this hack you must know what looks better?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast