Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Multitasking/Folder Background iOS 4.1

Default Multitasking/Folder Background iOS 4.1
    So I just upgraded to 4.1 and and jailbroke but when I tried to change the background for the folders/multitasking bar, it wouldn't change like it would in 4.0, is there any way to get around this?

I have the same problem, I can't find whats the name of the image, before 4.1 it was located in com.apple.springboard under the name of FolderSwitcherBG, anybody know where is located in OS 4.1?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You have to navigate to private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/ and delete the file named: com.apple.Springboard.folderSwitcherLinen

Respring - and voila!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sknyfats For This Useful Post:

Aldog18 (10-15-2010), alvinhy (12-16-2010), beachbum6976 (10-13-2010), feschifcb (10-23-2010), GoldStar (10-13-2010), rajpatel275 (10-13-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by sknyfats View Post
    You have to navigate to private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/ and delete the file named: com.apple.Springboard.folderSwitcherLinen

Respring - and voila!
    I go to that directory but I can't find the one you post, com.apple.springboard.folderswitcherlinen is not there.

When I click on a folder icon, the background is the default image from apple, and when I click the double-home button for multitasking is the default image.

I can change the folder icon with the name of FolderIconBG.png under com.apple.springboard.

I think that the background image of the folders/multitasking has been moved by apple to another place.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Seranis For This Useful Post:

patoons (10-16-2010)

thanks sknyfats, worked perfectly.

iPhone? More like MyPhone PSYC0TIC ONE's Avatar
    Thanks

this fix doesn't work for me... at least with iFile... going to try to SSH and then respring see if that works

nope, doesn't work for me

EDIT: thanks to another forum member, the image name has changed to FolderSwitcherBG.png regardless of device (dropped the @2x from end for retina display) THEN u delete the cached file listed above
    Last edited by PSYC0TIC ONE; 10-14-2010 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Found permanent fix

hey guys when i delete the com.apple.Springboard.folderSwitcherLinen file it will appear back as soon as i respring the phone... what can i do help plz ?

It's supposed to be recreated as soon as you delete it. It's just that new version should be a cached version of the new icon and not the old one.

iPhone? More like MyPhone alfox's Avatar
    Thanks

please read this post and follow it....

4.1 fix's

13. The Following User Says Thank You to alfox For This Useful Post:

maggel (02-25-2011)

I come from a land down under (Australia)
    Thanks

Worked! Thanks for the post!
    Can I play with madness?
    Follow me on twitter
    If you like what I say, hit the button, you know which one

I come from a land down under (Australia)
    Thanks

woah dude thats weird
    Can I play with madness?
    Follow me on twitter
    If you like what I say, hit the button, you know which one

Quote Originally Posted by Cman7482 View Post
    I have exactly the same problem and all I did was to install a theme and delete the linen file. Does anyone have a solution for this?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to slarty For This Useful Post:

maggel (02-25-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by slarty View Post
    I have exactly the same problem and all I did was to install a theme and delete the linen file. Does anyone have a solution for this?
    This is what I posted in another thread if you haven't figured it out already...

I ended up fixing my issue.. It helps when you mod the right file.. Here is what fixed my multitasking bar being out of whack along with the color of the background: I started by deleting the FolderSwitcherBG@2x > replaced the FolderSwitcherBG > Deleted the cache > Respring. I think by me accidentally overwriting the FolderSwitcherBG@2x the first time is what cause my multitasking bar to go out of whack. Now the backgrounds are black instead of gray which is cool. Another board member on here said they would hook me up with a theme I can SSH into my phone that will give it the transparent look for those 2 backgrounds. We will see, hopefully it will work.

Thanks