Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Trimming iPhone 3G

iPhone? More like MyPhone PReCioSa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by startjumingship View Post
    I asked this in another thread but ill ask it here to...
    I did a search in iFile for "ipad" (I'm on a 3g 3.1.3) and I found a few "ipad.nib" for apps like Netflix, Pandora and Remote (e.g. MainWindow-iPad.nib) would these be safe to remove? Also what about files related to apps I have deleted (e.g I deleted the mobile mail app) so would say deleting "MobileMailSettings.bundle" would this remove the mail section from my settings?
    it should but i don't own an iPad and this isn't my thread... but why would u wanna delete it anyway? I think u should save whatever ur deleting off ur iPad to ur PC and remember what folders off the iPad u deleted them from that way if ur iPad doesn't work correctly after retarding it. u can just restore those files back it's easier that way. just try it.

it's easier to just put the files back where they came from then restoring the entire thing. but that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by PReCioSa; 12-14-2010 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by PReCioSa View Post
    it should but i don't own an iPad and this isn't my thread... but why would u wanna delete it anyway? I think u should save whatever ur deleting off ur iPad to ur PC and remember what folders off the iPad u deleted them from that way if ur iPad doesn't work correctly after retarding it. u can just restore those files back it's easier that way. just try it.

it's easier to just put the files back where they came from then restoring the entire thing. but that's just my opinion.
    Sorry I should have clarified that I'm on an iPhone.

My push got jacked after something in this thread.

And no...I did not delete a launch daemon that involved push.

iPhone? More like MyPhone PReCioSa's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry I should have clarified that I'm on an iPhone.
    well still do the same thing
    let me know if it works cause I to would like to delete none scenes off my phone aswel.

do not delete any apsd daemons. That is push related.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RobberBoy's Avatar
    Thanks

I asked this in another thread but ill ask it here to...
    I did a search in iFile for "ipad" (I'm on a 3g 3.1.3) and I found a few "ipad.nib" for apps like Netflix, Pandora and Remote (e.g. MainWindow-iPad.nib) would these be safe to remove? Also what about files related to apps I have deleted (e.g I deleted the mobile mail app) so would say deleting "MobileMailSettings.bundle" would this remove the mail section from my settings?
    i havent come across such a thing like ipad related stuff.. ill look into that if i got spare time.. but the HD png is safe to delete..

for the setting part im still experimenting.. im trying to make the setting loads as fast as contacts.. say where did u find that mobilemailsetting.bundle? it might help on my research..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RobberBoy For This Useful Post:

startjumingship (12-15-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by RobberBoy View Post
    i havent come across such a thing like ipad related stuff.. ill look into that if i got spare time.. but the HD png is safe to delete..

for the setting part im still experimenting.. im trying to make the setting loads as fast as contacts.. say where did u find that mobilemailsetting.bundle? it might help on my research..
    /System/Library/PreferenceBundles/AccountSettings
    But I originally found it by running a hierarchical iFile search for "mail."

Thank you for this thread... my phone definitely feels snappier and less bloated.

Thanks

do hit thanks to appreciate my effort...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RobberBoy For This Useful Post:

startjumingship (12-15-2010)

Does that PNG/JPG script run correctly? I run it via Cyberduck but I never see any responses from the console. Just a quick 3 second spinning wheel, then its done. There is no way it scanned the whole root and deleted them all...

Also...I just noticed that Exchange is not working....Again, something in the original post broke this so now I will need to track THAT down. Grrrr. These really need to be fact checked more.

EDIT: thankfully i was able to find it.

do not delete com.apple.dataaccess.dataaccessd.plist if you want to keep exchange EMAIL. this break it
    Last edited by corkey20000; 12-15-2010 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

/System/Library/PreferenceBundles/AccountSettings
    But I originally found it by running a hierarchical iFile search for "mail."

Thank you for this thread... my phone definitely feels snappier and less bloated.
    i tried to delete the bundle.. it does works.. but it still loads the setting but deleted setting doesnt work.. its a start, now im trying to figure out a plist that load the setting stuff, perhaps i could edit so that it doest load unwanted stuff.. its safe to delete those bundle that you dont use.. tested..
    Last edited by RobberBoy; 12-16-2010 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

any updates on settings app loading faster robberboy?

Besides the HD png, there is also 2x.png files which I hear is only for retina use only (iphone 4). I've deleted a couple to see if it messes up anything and its safe to delete.
    I know there is a scrip out there but i tried it and it didn't delete nothing?

Thanks

any updates on settings app loading faster robberboy?
    no progress.. i cant find the plist that loads up the setting stuff... deleting the settings doesnt make it load faster.. i do have an idea however to make the setting cached.. like the phone thing.. they have cached folder in iphone but i dont know how to cached stuff.. just keep followin the thread who knows somethings up..

Quote Originally Posted by 143voltron View Post
    Besides the HD png, there is also 2x.png files which I hear is only for retina use only (iphone 4). I've deleted a couple to see if it messes up anything and its safe to delete.
    I know there is a scrip out there but i tried it and it didn't delete nothing?
    ive already added those in the last part of my guide few weeks ago.. inc HD, ipad and the 2x jpg and png.. it worked..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to RobberBoy For This Useful Post:

143voltron (12-23-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by corkey20000 View Post
    Does that PNG/JPG script run correctly? I run it via Cyberduck but I never see any responses from the console. Just a quick 3 second spinning wheel, then its done. There is no way it scanned the whole root and deleted them all...

Also...I just noticed that Exchange is not working....Again, something in the original post broke this so now I will need to track THAT down. Grrrr. These really need to be fact checked more.

EDIT: thankfully i was able to find it.

do not delete com.apple.dataaccess.dataaccessd.plist if you want to keep exchange EMAIL. this break it

I'm also a 3g ios 4.1 user, have you deleted most or all of the things on the first (1st) page?
    Have you encountered any problems? The exchange email that is for msn right?

Quote Originally Posted by 143voltron View Post
    I'm also a 3g ios 4.1 user, have you deleted most or all of the things on the first (1st) page?
    Have you encountered any problems? The exchange email that is for msn right?

No I use exchange for Gmail. I've deleted most of the things from the thread and have been fine, but do make sure to go through my posts on this thread and read my notes. A couple of deleted files screwed up my push notifications and e-mail. Also, another file jacked up my app store on my phone and syncing with iTunes

This thread needs a lot of cleaning up.

20 pages later and I finally found this thread

Great work, my iPhone 3G is feeling a bit lighter. 4.2.1
    iPhone 3G 4.2.1 - iPod touch 3G 5.0 Beta 1
    Windows 7 - OS X 10.5.6

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xXrkidXx View Post
    20 pages later and I finally found this thread

Great work, my iPhone 3G is feeling a bit lighter. 4.2.1
    Good to know that OS3.1.3 above gets the benefit...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123