Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to get Game Center on iPhone 3G

Default How to get Game Center on iPhone 3G
    1. Jailbreak your iPhone 3G with redsn0w
    2. Go to Cydia and install OpenSSH
    3. Download Game Center
    4. SSH into your iPhone Applications Folder (/Applications or /private/var/stash/ApplicationsXXXXXX)
    5. Open /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/n82ap.plist and add below capabilities
    <key>gamekit</key>
    <true/>
    6. Respring
    7. Done

Is there a way to get gamecsntre on my 3GS on 4.0.1 jailbroken? Thanks

Hi, sorry to bother with newbie questions, I'm just trying to understand why it crashes on my 3G.

I'm trying to understad what part that I didnt do on your instructions is causing this on mine....

1) Did you tried this on a 3G, does it crash after oppening?
    2) I'm JB thru PwnageTool.
    3) I just copied the folder and .plist with i-Funbox, not SSH, but I (think I) did fixed the permissions with sbSettings after.
    :/

---edit----

Nevermind, was able to make it work, but you missed out on some major files there, i'd advize using this tut instead:
    Install Game Center on iPhone 3G running iOS 4.1 [Jailbreak Required]

But make sure to rename the Game Center~iphone.app to GameCenter.app (no space) and the file inside from Game Center~iphone to GameCenter (also no space).

---edit2---
    Ok, it doesnt run completly fine on my 3G yeat, was able to register and invite a few friends but no games are showing on my game tab... And I have some installed.
    Last edited by twolfer; 09-22-2010 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Used files from the link posted above. Have it running and have added friends. As noted, games are not showing up even though I have legit Game Center games installed. Hmmmmm.

it probably just needs some more .plist files but I cant convince any 4.1 JB 3GS out there to give me their full System/Libary/LaunchDeamons folder...

apparently the game centre app in cydia doesn't work anymore so that is probably why it doesn't work properly for you. For me it just keeps closing as soon as I open it.
    Last edited by muffin_man04; 09-25-2010 at 04:43 AM.

Mine openned fine and was able to register and add friends (see the link), but since it cant list any of my games... its just useless.

This DOES work now:
    http://www.sinful iphone.com/showthread.php?t=41222

...some files were missing from the previous tutorials so the games werent listed correcly, now they are.

Quote Originally Posted by twolfer View Post
    This DOES work now:
    http://www.sinful iphone.com/showthread.php?t=41222

...some files were missing from the previous tutorials so the games werent listed correcly, now they are.
    Tried this on my 3G. Game Center ran, games never loaded in list, and my battery was draining like crazy due to this. Removed all the files and am back to normal. Can't speak for anyone else though, but this was not successful at all.

It really works on mine, I aded a lot more games even, Im not just saing it, its working:

I made this screenshot last week:

Hmmm. No idea. Glad to see it's working for someone.