+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 5-row keyboard on iphone 4

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have installed iKeyx and 5-row qwerty keyboard by BigBoss, but I can't get it to work. please help.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 5-row keyboard on iphone 4
    I have installed iKeyx and 5-row qwerty keyboard by BigBoss, but I can't get it to work. please help.

Thanks

I am having the same problem, did you find a solution for the iPhone 4?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same problem on my 3G running iOS 4.1.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yea cant get it to work on my ip4 either

Thanks

Any updates on getting this working under iOS 4.1?

:-)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

yea i have an update for you update it your f*cking self these develops dont give a **** about you all and your dumb 5 row keyboard
    lmfao im messing with you all i bet you were so pissed lol but for real id like to see it myself

Green Apple
    Thanks

^^^^ LOL... Any ways, I doubt iKeyEX will get updated anytime soon. When I visited the dev's google page it hasn't been updated since 3.1.2 I think. In addition, I remember an article saying he was stopping that project for school or something. Don't quote me, but I think it's dead.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lokenall For This Useful Post:

DevouredDreams (11-21-2010)

Thanks

5 row is out now it's in Cydia
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5-row keyboard on iphone 4-imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

works perfectly here on ip4 4.0.1

to get it to work there are two things you do to activate.

first, is in winterboard, ensure that 5 row keyboard selected as a 'theme'

and secondly go into settings>general>keyboard>international keyboards>

and on the top section (software keyboard) click to select 5Row as opposed to QWERTY etc

love the way i dont have to toggle to numbers and back to letters now, with the numbers added to the top line

:-)
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok I feel dumb for asking/saying this but I can't seem to find 5 row keyboard in cydia. Am I missing something on how to get it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 5th row still won't appear, iPhone4 ver. 4.1
    I can't get the 5-row keyboard to show either. I have iPhone 4, version 4.1. Maybe that's the problem? I go Settings>iKeyEx>Customize, and then set up the 5-row QWERTY
    just the way I want it, but then the 5-row keyboard won't appear when I type (just the normal 4-row keyboard). The 5-Row QWERTY keyboard is not listed as one of the international keyboards I have available.
    Any ideas how to fix this? I tried download various versions of the 5-row keyboard from Cydia, and still can't get the 5th row to appear.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nimblynumb View Post
    I can't get the 5-row keyboard to show either. I have iPhone 4, version 4.1. Maybe that's the problem? I go Settings>iKeyEx>Customize, and then set up the 5-row QWERTY
    just the way I want it, but then the 5-row keyboard won't appear when I type (just the normal 4-row keyboard). The 5-Row QWERTY keyboard is not listed as one of the international keyboards I have available.
    Any ideas how to fix this? I tried download various versions of the 5-row keyboard from Cydia, and still can't get the 5th row to appear.
    I have "5-Row Keyboard IOS4" on my i4 4.1 and you have to activate it in winterboard then you just select it from international keyboards in your preferences app. hope that helps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thansk lulz, but still no luck.

I installed Winterboard, but still can't get the 5-row keyboard to display. Winterboard doesn't list "5row" or anything like that as one of its themes. It lists "White Icon Labels", "User Lock Background" and about ten others, but no 5-row keyboard.
    So I tried downloading the Winterboard Theme Store. Lots of cute themes available there, bu no 5-row keyboard.

On my iPhone, I go Settings>General>Keyboard>International Keyboard>English, but there is nothing listed anywhere for a 5-row QWERTY keyboard. I thought it might find it if I tried Add New Keyboard, but it's not there either.

If I go Settings>iKeyEx>Mix and match, I get a few 5-row keyboards listed: 5-Row QWERTY, 5Row DVORAK, and 5Row Alternate (I downloaded them all from Cydia in desperation). I've used "Customize" in the iKeyEx tab to select what I want for the 5th row (I type using alot of Unicode characters, so I added those). But still when I type in Notes or whatever, no 5-row keyboard shows up.

So, I have two questions:
    (1) How do I enable the theme in Winterboard that will give me a 5-row keyboard? 5-row keyboard isn't an option on the theme list.

(2) When I search in Cydia for 5-row keyboards, there is a 5-Row Keyboard iOS4 by Hiraku. It costs $0.99. Is there something different about iOS4 that requires some special package different from the other phones? I have iPhone4, version 4.1. I assume that's iOS4?

Sorry for the long post, many thanks to those who offer guidance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Nimbly, the 5-row by hiraku is the package I was referring to. If you download that it will install the proper titles in winterboard for activation. And then you can select it in settings. And IOS4 is short for iPhone Operating System 4. Semantics of Version 4 or whatever. Yes their is a bunch of new coding in IOS4/version 4 that packages have to be designed for this firmware or they won't work. I'd suggest trying the hiraku package and then let me know if you have any further issues

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I downloaded the iOS4 5-row keyboard package by Hikaru, followed the directions, and now have a 5th row properly displayed. Thank you for your help.

BUT...

The 5th row is just standard numbers. My real goal in getting the 5th row is to get a customized row.

I want to expand the keyboard to include some special Unicode characters. The characters I need aren't already part of any of the international keyboards available. If I go
    Settings>iKeyEx>Customize>5RowQWERTY,
    then I can set up a perfect 5th row, but that customized 5th row never appears anywhere.

My question: How do I customize that fifth row? Or is there a way to customize an entire keyboard? Then I could toggle between my custom keyboard and the other language keyboards I use (I use U.S. English and Japanese, if that makes any difference).

Gratitude for your wisdom.