Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!! Retrieve photos from iPhone 4 while in recovery mode

Default HELP!! Retrieve photos from iPhone 4 while in recovery mode
    Please help!!! My new iphone4 suddenly went into sleep mode a week ago and I'm afraid I'll lose all my photos. It's in recovery mode and the next step is restoring. What should I do? I rather pay someone to fix it. The Apple fucks can't help and want me to swap it out for a new one. Can anyone help in So Cal?

What kind of computer do u have? If you have a mac you can get recboot. This program will take your phone out of restore mode.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

^ even if he has a PC the prigram called "TinyUmbrella" will also help him get his phone out of recover mode ;-)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,540 Times in 7,105 Posts

If you have a recent backup in itunes your photos should be in there, just get the new iphone and restore from your backup. If you don't have a backup and recboot or tiny umbrella wont boot your iphone then unfortunately you may be out of luck.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

There's a thread somewhere on here that tells you have to flash the memory, this effectively takes a picure of your hdd, you can then use a program to extract pictures, I'll find it for you when I'm on my computer

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Hello everyone,
    thank you for the replies
    well my iPhone has never been backed up because I've been traveling the last two months. I'm sure you understand why it's so important to retrieve these special moments.

iTunes does not recognize my phone by name and only turns on when forced.
    When I hold down the home key and connect to iTunes a box comes up promptly telling me my phone is in recovery mode and needs to restore.

Is it true I can still retrieve the photos even after I restore?
    I've tried to find someone on Craigslist but everyone says the same **** why is it so hard to find someone to fix this? I'm frustrated and annoyed.

One nice gentleman from Craigslist did send me that program "reboot" but I'm not sure it's capatible with my pc since I don't have a mac.
    It doesn't detact my phone when I start the program.
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I'm not a savvy computer geek.........just a free loving traveler who wants her photos back.
    Does anyone know of a shop I can take it to in the Los Angeles or San Diego area?

Thanks everyone again, I really do appreciate your time
    saudee

I meant "recboot".......lol
    Last edited by nessah22; 09-03-2010 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Um try getting recboot from a proper place (e.g. The dev who made it) I thought it works on pc, I've downloaded it but never needed to actually use it, as for how to use it, I couldn't tell you lol but I'm sure someone will take the time to. I understand your dilemma, apple should offer more support for this really.

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

It didn't work

I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any suggestions? I will pay someone, I know it has to be possible.
    Last edited by nessah22; 09-05-2010 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't know if it would work when in recovery mode as I have not tried it but would you be able to use diskaid to pull it off? I use it on my XP and did it once when my phone was stuck in a reboot loop and it worked.

I would be interested if it works in recovery mode too. Good luck

PANDA pc suite startup recovery

Would this take my iPhone out of recovery mode? I need to retrieve the photos from a phone that doesn't turn on. Any suggestions. If anyone you know wants the job I'm willing to pay...........they mean that much to me.

I'm assuming these are programs. Can you give me more intel? I googled them but I'm not sure it would work for my problem.
    Last edited by nessah22; 09-06-2010 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Try the tiny umbrella software. This gives you the option to kick from recovery. If this does not work, chances are that there is a corruption with your firmware and that is why your phone will not boot. If this is the fact you will need to restore. Recommend doing a backup every week or so just in so. There Is also good software called DropBox for the iPhone that you can back up selected files to a Internet drive(free) and access it from Mac/pc or iPhone. Great stuff to have for this Case, you could just goto dropbox.com or the desktop software.
    Good Luck

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nessah22 View Post
    Would this take my iPhone out of recovery mode? I need to retrieve the photos from a phone that doesn't turn on. Any suggestions. If anyone you know wants the job I'm willing to pay...........they mean that much to me.

I'm assuming these are programs. Can you give me more intel? I googled them but I'm not sure it would work for my problem.
    Diskaid is a program for your computer, you plug your phone in can access your files. You can load stuff to and from your computer or delete and rename files on your phone. In my situation I renamed the files I had messed with and my phone booted up properly after that. I thought, if you know the offending file you loaded, then you can go and delete it and maybe get out of recovery mode. Personally I would try it before restoring. I will try to find the download link for Diskaid.

go here, click download, follow the prompts.

DiskAid transfers Files to iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch, USB External Drive
    Last edited by Suevans; 09-07-2010 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

u cant use diskaid til the iphone is booted up...disk aid doesnt work on boot logo...
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

You need to be in dfu mode. This is a special mode for the iPhone.
    You cannot get into this state until you have pawed to your phone. Try holding home & sleep/wake at the same time for 20 seconds. If nothing happens, this means that you have a problem with your battery and you will need to just trade in for a new one. No other choice. If it does turn on, plug your iPhone into USB and let it charge completely. This could take some time. After charging (with USB still plugged in) press and hold sleep/wale & home for 10 seconds. Let go of sleep/wake but continue to hold home fir another 10 seconds until the phone goes into recovery mode. to make sure you Sid it correct iTunes will say N/A in all your phone information. If your serial number shows up, you are in iPhone recovery mode and need to try again. Check YouTube iPhone DFU mode for help. Hope this helps!
    Scott.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    u cant use diskaid til the iphone is booted up...disk aid doesnt work on boot logo...
    My phone was stuck at the boot logo and it worked. It sounds like this person is having a different problem though so not sure if it would work, certainly they would have to be able to turn their phone on first.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,540 Times in 7,105 Posts

The phone has to be far enough in the boot process so that the file system is loaded for diskaid or SSH to work. When in boot loop from things like mobilewatchdog kicking in and rebooting before springboard has a chance to remap (this used to occur by doing a hard reset because of a freeze or something) then in this case diskaid would work on bootloop. For him it doesn't seem like it is getting far enough in the process for this to occur.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Suevans (09-10-2010)