66. You may not vote on this poll
  • bite sms

53 80.30%
  • irealsms

10 15.15%
  • other/not willing to spend that amount on a sms app

3 4.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: irealsms vs bite sms

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default irealsms vs bite sms
    I would like to know the general consensus. Which do you guys prefer, which do you think works better. Does the extra cost make it worth it?

i am currently using, bitesms. I used to use quick reply. But I like all the extra features in irealsms but 12$ as dave chappelle would say "thats crack prices"

I understand developers put a lot of work into their apps but come on, thats a lot.

anyways I have some other question too. I installed winterboard and it turns all the names of my apps to white. I have the default Iphone 4 background so thats stupid and does not work for me. How can I get those black again? I dont even understand why it automatically does this. It should be OPTIONAL.

so bitesms

biteSMS - Great Extra Features

irealsms
    iRealSMS - Professional SMS on your iPhone - Features

oh and side note. is there any app out there that shows the contacts picture in the actual sms convo screen?

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Bitesms ftw, and if you go to your themes directory and go in it you'll see an info.plist, open it and youll see what you have to.change

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    Bitesms ftw, and if you go to your themes directory and go in it you'll see an info.plist, open it and youll see what you have to.change
    Thanks for answering. I always find it hard to find these directories in ifile. Can you tell me exactly which directory to start in pls

IMO bitesms is way better.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RileyFreeman View Post
    Thanks for answering. I always find it hard to find these directories in ifile. Can you tell me exactly which directory to start in pls
    what directory? if its for bitesms.app then itll be in var/mobile/applications or var/stash/applications i cant remember which at this point in time, but one is for core apps like the ones that come stock, and anything from cydia, and the other is all appstore apps hope this helps

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    what directory? if its for bitesms.app then itll be in var/mobile/applications or var/stash/applications i cant remember which at this point in time, but one is for core apps like the ones that come stock, and anything from cydia, and the other is all appstore apps hope this helps
    I got it to change from a light silver to bold white by turning off summerboard. I didn't realize I have to change each app one by one. Nvm too much work. Thanks though

not sure if they fixed this, but a few months ago i used irealsms and it seemed to have a black hole for memory. switched to bitesms and have been happy since

Thanks

im just shocked 216 views and only 2 votes. come on people. its a forum, participate

Reason for the lack of response is that this has been done several times already...same poll...irealsms vs bite...it's an old argument.
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Alright... Let me put it to you this way... I actually paid the $13 for iRealSMS 3.0 and liked it but ended up switching back to the FREE BiteSMS. I actually eventually bought the $9 license for Bite also but I plan on sticking with it for the long haul... It just fits my needs better. When you have a missed call on Bite, you tap on it on your lock screen and it unlocks your phone and opens your phone app to take you to your call log. I also like the way the picture of the contact looks better in the quick reply mode... It's at an angle and goes out of the window slightly, looking much more professional and artistic to me as a graphic designer. The quick reply also allows you to scroll through 9 buttons such as "delete", "later", "templates", etc. instead of just the standard reply, send, etc.

IRealSMS' extra features mostly make it more like email with an inbox and outbox, etc... Features I don't want or like at all. The only things iRealSMS does better is that it reads your texts to you over your Bluetooth via text to speech technology, it timestamps all messages when you hit edit in a conversation, and oh yeah... It's really good at being REALLY expensive! But then again I'm the idiot that bought BOTH of these programs so who am I kidding?! It's a personal preference thing but for now I definitely prefer BiteSMS... Hope that helps!

Get Tlert. Best 5.99 I've ever spent.

Green Apple
    Thanks

used both, irealsms isnt even close...my opinion.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelRyder View Post
    Alright... Let me put it to you this way... I actually paid the $13 for iRealSMS 3.0 and liked it but ended up switching back to the FREE BiteSMS. I actually eventually bought the $9 license for Bite also but I plan on sticking with it for the long haul... It just fits my needs better. When you have a missed call on Bite, you tap on it on your lock screen and it unlocks your phone and opens your phone app to take you to your call log. I also like the way the picture of the contact looks better in the quick reply mode... It's at an angle and goes out of the window slightly, looking much more professional and artistic to me as a graphic designer. The quick reply also allows you to scroll through 9 buttons such as "delete", "later", "templates", etc. instead of just the standard reply, send, etc.

IRealSMS' extra features mostly make it more like email with an inbox and outbox, etc... Features I don't want or like at all. The only things iRealSMS does better is that it reads your texts to you over your Bluetooth via text to speech technology, it timestamps all messages when you hit edit in a conversation, and oh yeah... It's really good at being REALLY expensive! But then again I'm the idiot that bought BOTH of these programs so who am I kidding?! It's a personal preference thing but for now I definitely prefer BiteSMS... Hope that helps!
    personally i like the outbox and inbox folders. timestampts is also a great feature i like.

but i have sms conter so it kinda takes care of the outbox and inbox stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by lastactionhero View Post
    Get Tlert. Best 5.99 I've ever spent.
    is there a free trial. i already bought quick reply then bitesms dont want to keep spending on sms apps.

i use bite. and i like it but sometimes when i txt someone all they get is a blank mesage from me. when i use stock sms no problemas. anyone got any suggestions?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to shigh For This Useful Post:

chizzle187 (12-21-2010)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    i use bite. And i like it but sometimes when i txt someone all they get is a blank mesage from me. When i use stock sms no problemas. Anyone got any suggestions?
    i also get complaints about that too... But it only happens when i sms one of my contacts..

Thanks

I've always been one for biteSMS. I like the layout and setup compared to iRealSMS.

bitesms I think is the best! Gotta wait for good JB on 4.2.1.!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I have always been a fan of iReal. It suits my needs.

Where does this Bite vs iReal comparison review stand now that we are on OS 4 and newer versions of the apps.

I am on iPhone 4 4.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelRyder View Post

Quote Originally Posted by emoticonartist View Post
    bitesms I think is the best! Gotta wait for good JB on 4.2.1.!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,255 Times in 1,384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crashnburn_in View Post
    Where does this Bite vs iReal comparison review stand now that we are on OS 4 and newer versions of the apps.

I am on iPhone 4 4.2.1
    BiteSMS is more user friendly than irealsms. Get Bite, not Real.

There are a few Settings u should adjust after getting Bite:
    -Go to Settings in BiteSMS
    -Scroll to Smileys and change it to Emojis
    -Scroll to LibActivator and turn it ON

In the Settings App, go to:
    -Activator - Anywhere
    -Scroll to the Status Bar section and choose Double-Tap
    -Pick Quick Compose from the list of programs to use.

Now you can double-tap ur Status Bar and compose a text from ANYWHERE at ANYTIME!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast